Hiring Criteria: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Certifications:
- Assistant: High School Diploma or equivalent, and 6 units in Child Development (for licensed childcare programs) or 48 college units or passing proficiency exam prior to hire for (non-licensed/ASES programs).
- Teacher 1: 6 units in Child Development or a related field; and continuous enrollment in a minimum of 2 units per semester toward completion of 12 units required.
- Teacher 2: 12 units in Child Development or a related field.
- Teacher 3: 12 college units with 6 units in Child Development, Education. 6 units may be in Psychology, Sociology, Recreation, Physical Education, Art, and Music. 15-hour preventative health practice certifications within 90 days of employment. Complete YMCA Core trainings within first 60 days of employment.
Experience & Background:
- Must be 18 years of age, 6 months experience working with children preferred.
- Teacher 1 & 2 6 months working with children required.
- Teacher 3 one year working with children required.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees. Child and Youth Development Staff qualify for tuition reimbursement after one year of employment.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y www.ymcaoc.org/careers
Once a conditional offer is made, candidates will be subject to criminal background check, drug screen, and will be asked to provide criminal history. Criminal history will be analyzed on a case by case basis as it related to the position. YMCA of Orange County participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S