At Teacher Created Materials, we are passionate about developing innovative and imaginative educational materials and services for K-12 students worldwide. Everything we do is created by teachers for teachers and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun.
The Inside Sales Consultant will be responsible for selling educational products and materials into the PreK-12 market.
- Responsible for sales of educational products, materials and services into PreK-12 academic market.
- Accountable for a full life cycle sales role with its own individual quota.
- Drive sales opportunities within the assigned territories and accounts via cold calls, email correspondence, video calls, webinars, conference calls, etc.
- Partner with outside sales to team sell against key initiatives identified by outside sales.
- Responsible for creating and conducting product presentations and demonstrations to customers via the Web.
- Work with clients on complex pricing proposals for each sale.
- Maintains records of all sales interactions with customers and internal departments using a customer relationship management system.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with responsive account management.
- Maintain pipeline of forecasted opportunities.
- Occasional travel to territory to further relationships and increase revenue.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Communicating Effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
- Exerting Personal Influence: Persuading others to support or agree with an idea, issue, or position.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Knowledge of the Business: understands value from a customer perspective; stays informed; understands the organization; understands the educational market
- Building Value Based Relationships: explores opportunities for relationships; identifies relationship needs; facilitated mutual agreement; develops credibility; maintains open lines of communication
- 1+ year minimum experience selling over the phone with quota.
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic and track record of success.
- Participate in ongoing professional growth.
- Ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- BS/BA required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Experience in PreK-12 Education or Educational Sales preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
- Sit for extended periods of time; including at a computer
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
Home office environment with some travel as needed (25%).
Teacher Created Materials (TCM) is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices, including (but not limited to) compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, educational, training, recreational and social activities.