We are looking for an exceptional professional to fill a Sr. Relationship Manager III/Specialty Industries position. This position will provide leadership and strategic direction in overseeing, coordinating with key departments and accomplishing the goals that align with the bank’s strategic initiatives.
Become Part of the Main Street Bank Team
You Deserve to Love What You Do
“Choosing to work here has enhanced my career”; “Senior management’s doors are always open”; “I absolutely love what I do”; “The culture is awesome!”
These are words straight from our employees, and what you will experience working for Main Street Bank. What will you get when you choose a career here?
- Opportunities for career growth and cross-departmental exposure.
- Competitive benefits, from salary, health insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance, and more.
- Access to robust onsite and outside training programs to hone your skillset.
- Collaboration with an innovative, creative, and fun team of people dedicated to what they do.
- Work-life balance in a family-oriented, community organization.
We are looking for diverse talent of all kinds to join our team. If you are driven by results, bring your highest self to work, enjoy building relationships on mutual success, and embrace innovative thinking, you have met you match.
Job Title: Sr. Relationship Manager III, Specialty Industries
SUMMARY: As a member of the Retail Management team, and reporting directly to the Retail Branch Administrator, the Relationship Manager III is Main Street Bank’s more experienced level Relationship Manager. The Relationship Manager III for Specialty Industries will consistently identify opportunities to grow the customer base and build positive relationships with new and existing customers based on the appetite for deposit growth in each specialty industry. You should also be strategic and analytical when finding solutions to problems to ensure maximum client satisfaction and maximum profitability for the Bank.
You are responsible for all facets of operations including deposit accounts and business development responsibilities. This position exercises administrative and operational control over the functions of the assigned branch office to ensure the ongoing effective operation as well as the oversight of new initiatives, in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures and assumes responsibility for the branch(s). The Relationship Manager III will assist with projects that affect the department and the bank. They are expected to act as a resource for other team members and embrace the established sales and service culture while coaching employees to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Build and maintain an ongoing level of engagement with Special Industry customers to improve profitability and engagement for long term sustainability
- Performs routine site visits for commercial/business customers to further the relationship.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to review services, make product recommendations, complete customer reviews.
- Be the primary point of contact for customers with regards to overall account management.
- Evaluates customer problems and complaints and resolves them to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers with account opening and maintenance
- Ability to resolve more complex problems/questions.
- Maintain accurate records of discussions and correspondence with customers.
- Manage regular meetings with Risk, Cash Management and Branch Admin to stay abreast of changing environment
- Independently provides consultative support and leadership on retention strategies.
- Held accountable for customer retention of the portfolio of accounts that may be assigned or unassigned.
- Forecasts attrition risk and maintains detailed knowledge of the portfolio of customers.
- Determines customer needs by thoroughly reviewing objectives to understand their current financial position and structure; ultimately recommending and crafting an integrated financial solution that is mutually beneficial to the Bank and the client
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of services and the positive resolution of any issues.
- Ability to discuss/refer customer to other services offered by the Bank i.e. Mortgages etc.
- Counsels’ employees and provides coaching and feedback to branch staff, ensuring that customers receive exemplary service, their needs are determined, and appropriate products and services are recommended.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s services, for example Cash Management Services, Business
- Intelligence Banking, Payroll Services, etc. in order to identify and sell to new and existing deposit customers
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s deposit products, and processing procedures for all deposit related services, thereby assisting with the Bank’s overall growth goals by successfully promoting new business
- Responsible for achieving branch goals.
- Develops the banks current customer base and acquires new customers.
- Solidifies customer retention efforts by providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- Prepares and presents proposals for Business Services to customers and prospects.
- Participate in the credit/loan and Sales meetings to anticipate new relationships which will need to be established at the Bank.
- Identifies prospective and potential clients consistent with the Business Plan and develops the relationship by securing banking services and product sales obtaining their whole relationship
- Participates in activities that generate new business such as promoting branch sales culture and special promotional events.
- Assist with sales training initiatives, embracing role as a sales leader and coaching staff to identify opportunities that result in sales.
- Provides on the spot coaching and feedback to all branch employees.
- Motivates staff to work towards their goals and ultimately the branch goals by creating internal contests within the branch.
- Establishes and nurtures contact within the branch community.
- Identifies and follows up on leads for business development.
- Effectively collaborates with key representatives from all areas of the company to send and accept referrals through joint business calls and networking
- Works with Risk, Cash Management and Branch Admin in developing, maintaining, and monitoring internal controls and recordkeeping.
- Continuously monitor policies and procedures for effective account opening aligning with regulatory requirements
- Manages reporting, audits, and accountability to BSA
- Assist internal and external auditors and regulators with their respective engagements
- Responsible for developing and administering the Bank’s Cannabis Program and serve a key member of the MRB Team
- Act as a key participant in special projects. Evaluates the Banks programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations; performs follow-up audits to ensure audit recommendations have been implemented.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations
- Handles customer problems and complaints in a professional and timely manner and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other department and organizational leaders and maintains operational alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Continually monitors industry trends. Recommends enhancements to increase banks profitability.
- Attends industry seminars/trainings/networking events relative to specialty industry offerings
- Provides training and guidance to others in the department on new and existing processes.
- Works in a community service support role, preferably a board position in a local organization and attends networking events on a regular basis.
- Represents the financial institution in public relations activities and community affairs as needed, participating in activities for generating new business
- Regular travel locally for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., business calls, networking, community/marketing events, on-site customer visits).
- Effectively use tools and systems to be able to self-manage, organize, and complete work independently, proactively recognizing potential obstacles resolving them before they become an issue, managing to deadlines, creating action plans when not on track, enabling job functions to happen with minimal oversite and meeting conditions of satisfaction.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: In alignment with our Core Values, Lean Principles and, and in coordination with, department management:
- Create an inclusive work environment that encourages and rewards performance while recognizing individual needs and skills.
- Monitor and approve bi-weekly timecards, review and approve time off requests for all members of the team always ensuring adequate coverage of department. Coordinate with back-up
- Completes timely checkpoints, recommends employment decisions, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and develops staff as necessary. Provides input to evaluations o supporting team
- Demonstrate ability to weight competing priorities and direct staff according to business needs.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interacts independently with members of the community and along all staffing levels with complex and proprietary information.
- Work is non-routine and complex, procedures adhered to are prescribed by bank, State and Federal policy and regulations.
- The role is relied upon as a subject matter expert within the organization to help guide the leadership team with risk-based decisions.
- Recommend strategic tactics to meet the bank’s overall competitive position within the financial services industry.
- Position has an impact on the revenue of the institution.
- Associates Degree or equivalent, banking courses and/or related work experience
- Five to seven years’ experience in a financial institution
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal), employee development and public relations
- Knowledge to analyze and interpret BSA and Compliance related state and federal regulations and policies and procedures as it related to assigned specialty industries
- Knowledge to analyze and interpret government regulations and legal documents, as it related to assigned specialty industries
- Be or be eligible to become designated as an ABP (Accredited Banking Professional)
- Three to five years’ supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s customers and locations as needed on a regular basis.
- Strong Business Development Skills
- Public Relations
- Team Builder
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to embrace change with a positive approach
- Interviewing skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills,
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy, and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, Board of Directors, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of documents such as financial statements, accounting system generated reports, checks, bank statements and Loan documents and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. files/ file boxes)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Regularly operate/drive a vehicle for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., business calls, networking, community/marketing events).
Mental & Visual Demands
- Regularly operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Regular local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., business calls).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment
Main Street Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and gender identity.
Main Street Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 508-460-4197 or send an email to HRAdmin@bankmainstreet.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.