Provide support to the firm by overseeing current knowledge management practices, as well as designing new organization, storage, and distribution methods and policies, working with end users to encourage use of the system and resources. The Knowledge Management Specialist (KMS) will work with professionals across the firm to assist in the gathering, storing, and sharing information and data maintained in digital format, catalogued, and indexed for ease of access. The KMS will work cooperatively with the Information Systems staff and end users to design and maintain a user friendly database, updated on an ongoing basis, ensuring data is stored safely and securely consistent with the firm’s standards for confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
The KMS will also assist with the onboarding of newly hired firm professionals including conducting introductory training; as well as interacting with professionals departing the firm to ensure data and knowledge resources are captured prior to departure.
- Lead, plan, and provide ongoing support for the knowledge management process
- Design and implement effective learning activities and training models
- Manage knowledge sharing activities and informal and formal training sessions
- Identify and curate institutional knowledge and resources
- Manage technical website content (intra-office) and promote internal engagement around that resource
- Meet with internal sources to gather, document, and ultimately share materials
- Build collaborative environments to develop and implement new ways of knowledge mapping
- Conduct onboarding training of newly hired employees
- Work to gather and store knowledge and data from departing professionals.
- May perform other duties as assigned