TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 20% local travel required as needed
SCHEDULE: Variable schedule to include some nights and weekends as required
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Kitchen Team delivers exceptional quality and timely service to our customers daily through organization, teamwork, empowerment, and the ability to execute a plan. The team translates the customer’s culinary vision into reality, helping create an unparalleled customer experience. Additionally, the team plays an integral part in operational efficiency through the smart use of resources, ensuring the organization’s health and ability to continue providing for our customers’ needs at an exceptional level.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Kitchen Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assure the cleanliness and availability of all food preparation and dining dishes, utensils, and machines. Additionally, this individual will help assure that all kitchen areas are clean and hygienic by washing and cleaning work areas, disposing of trash, and organizing workspaces as appropriate by practicing safe food handling for self and catering staff. The Kitchen Assistant may also support the kitchen and organization by performing tasks that include, but are limited to, unloading and storing equipment and food, limited food preparation such as washing or chopping food, and collaborating with co-workers to create an exceptional customer experience. Energy, enthusiasm, reliability, and passion for the work, the people and the customers are key to achieving success in this role.
- Wash and store appropriately all dishes, pots, pans, cups and glasses, flatware, and other utensils and cooking supplies
- Clean all food preparation machines and equipment as directed
- Ensure all work areas are clean and hygienic in accordance with food safety standards
- Dispose of all trash appropriately
- Unload and store deliveries and load food and equipment for transport as needed
- Ensure equipment is maintained properly and is in appropriate working order
- Wash, peel, chop, and cut food as directed
- Other duties as assigned