Become Part of the Main Street Bank Team
You Deserve to Love What You Do
“Choosing to work here has enhanced my career”; “Senior management’s doors are always open”; “I absolutely love what I do”; “The culture is awesome!”
These are words straight from our employees, and what you will experience working for Main Street Bank. What will you get when you choose a career here?
- Opportunities for career growth and cross-departmental exposure.
- Competitive benefits, from salary, health insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance, and more.
- Access to robust onsite and outside training programs to hone your skillset.
- Collaboration with an innovative, creative, and fun team of people dedicated to what they do.
- Work-life balance in a family-oriented, community organization.
We are looking for diverse talent of all kinds to join our team. If you are driven by results, bring your highest self to work, enjoy building relationships on mutual success, and embrace innovative thinking, you have met you match.
Job Title: Teller (15 hours)
Location: Hudson, MA
Hours: Schedule of Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 11:00am – 2:30pm; Friday 3:00pm– 6:15pm; Saturday 7:45am – 12:15pm
Overview: Under the general direction of the Teller Supervisor/Assistant Manager the Teller is responsible for a wide variety of customer service. This Teller’s positions talent and experience must blend with the MSB values to effectively provide superior customer service to the Bank’s customers and fellow employees. Duties include but not limited to: Providing a variety of customer savings, checking and loan payment transactions, as well as customer service such as the sale of Money Orders and Travelers Checks and Gift Cards in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Additionally, this position embraces the established sales and service culture while maximizing their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
As a member of the Retail Branch team and reporting directly to the Assistant Manager / Branch Supervisor, the Teller I position is Main Street Bank’s entry level Teller I Position. The Teller I Position, is responsible for handling all types of banking transactions, including but not limited to: savings, checking and loan payment transactions as well as customer service such as the sale of Money Orders and Treasurer’s Checks. The Personal Banker I,is also responsible for directing customers to other departments when conducting non-deposit transactions in accordance with established bank policies and procedures. This position is also expected to embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Open and organize teller workstation maintaining adequate cash, forms, and supply inventories for the day’s activities.
- Process wide variety of customer transactions. Deposits, withdrawals, dispersing cash, loan, and mortgage payments. Processing and disbursing checks, money orders, and account transfers.
- Promotes and explains banks services such as Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Cashing customers checks within the limits of the Bank’s policies placing holds as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities and initiate proper balancing procedures at the end of each work shift, reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, products, and services
- Maintain an active role as a “team member” in department/branch, assisting with the Bank’s overall growth goals by successfully promoting new business.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Employee will periodically throughout the year be required to participate in community events that may be outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related customer service and/or cash handling experience preferred
- Successful completion of in-house training program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
The completion of this Application for Employment does not assure a position with Main Street Bank and any offer of employment is conditioned on the satisfactory completion of a background and credit review as determined by the sole discretion of Main Street Bank. Neither this Application for Employment nor any document constitutes a contract of employment for a specific term and that any employment relationship that may be established will be 'at-will' and if hired, may be terminated at any time, for any reason, by the applicant or Main Street Bank.
Massachusetts Law - It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Massachusetts General Laws c. 151B prohibits employers from (1) terminating or refusing to hire individuals on the basis of genetic information; (2) requesting genetic information concerning employees, applicants, or their family members; (3) attempting to induce individuals to undergo genetic tests or otherwise disclose genetic information; (4) using genetic information in any way that affects the terms and conditions of an individual’s employment; or (5) seeking, receiving or maintaining genetic information for any non-medical purpose.
Main Street Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and gender identity.
Main Street Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 508-460-4197 or send an email to HRAdmin@bankmainstreet.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.