Homestead Veterinary Center, Kunkletown, PA
Up to a $50,000 Sign-On Bonus and $20,000 Relocation Stipend!
Homestead Veterinary Center, a Heart + Paw Family Partner, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to be an integral part of how we are reimagining petcare at our well-established two-doctor practice in Kunkletown, PA
We believe that it is about being a destination employer. An essential part of our business philosophy is built around creating a new team member experience. We have invested in every aspect - physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing.
If you are passionate about practicing profession-leading preventive care by high standards of medicine and will excel in a collaborative environment where you are rewarded for success, encouraged to grow and pursue professional interests, and take the time to practice veterinary medicine in a patient centered way, we invite you to join us in reimagining petcare.
What Makes Us Different
We were founded with the belief that pet care providers have the noblest hearts yet often struggle with the demands of delivering high quality care to others while maintaining their own personal well-being. Our entire team is committed to creating a new employee experience, one that allows the dedicated veterinary care provider to do both.
With our extensive veterinary background, we have put a great deal of thought and resources into every aspect of the employee experience: physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing. We believe the team member experience is an essential part of petcare reimagined.
- Compensation + benefits Highly competitive package including an excellent base salary + production, merit, bonuses, profit sharing, short and long-term disability insurance, health benefits, continuing education, and retirement savings.
- Priority on well-being - Closed to veterinary appointments on Sundays, flexible scheduling, and a caseload that allows our team to spend more time with pets and their parents to offer an elevated experience.
- Technologically forward Leading edge technology in our highly interactive client-facing mobile app, information management system, and other technologies that enhance your ability to deliver high-quality medicine and a best-in-class client experience.
- Leading edge equipment Digital dental radiography, Doppler, portable ultrasound, and lift tables.
- Opportunity to lead Empower you to do what you do best, be a leader where you are and function at the top of your training and expand your capabilities in interest areas that will give our clients more choices.
- Freedom in a framework Freedom to individualize how you achieve success. From developing areas of special interest in general practice to customizing schedules, formulary selections, and choice of referral and emergency service partners, we provide the team the ability to influence these choices for their centers.
Our ideal candidate will be client centric, have a deep appreciation for the human-animal bond pet parents have with their pets, be passionate about embracing low stress handling philosophies and methodologies in patient care, be enthusiastic about giving back to and building a relationship with the local community, be comfortable with the need for adaptability, and a strong interest or clinical experience in a companion animal practice.
Your Day to Day
- Practice veterinary medicine in a way that is focused on a client/patient centered approach to veterinary care.
- Work in alignment with the Partner Doctor and Center Director to deliver our company vision.
- Promote and practice top quality preventive care.
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Company brand.
- Serve as resource for other pet centers within the community as applicable.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environments for all center employees.
- Partner with center and company leadership to deliver outstanding financial results for your pet center.
- Participate and support the development of medical, technical, and communication skills of all center employees.
- Support the Partner Doctor in marketing your pet center to the local community in partnership with Company leadership.
- Work with the veterinary hospital team through your daily patient caseload and direct center employees in a positive and efficient manner.
- Communicate with clients in a positive and efficient manner, utilizing our technologies available (mobile app, telemedicine, texting, emails, etc.).
- Develop and maintain positive and lasting relationships with clients and community.
- Promote all center services (grooming, day care, boarding, retail).
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations and Company quality standards.