Position Value Proposition
The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring transactions are posted timely and accurately to the company’s general ledger including maintaining proper internal controls and procedures as well as assisting with financial reporting and audit requirements as needed.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Prepare and post journal entries into the general ledger
- Lease accounting (ASC 842) including entering/reviewing leases in lease software, preparing/reviewing monthly lease entries, reconciling all lease-related balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Fixed asset accounting including capex requests, construction in progress (CIP) tracking, placing assets in service, asset disposals, monthly fixed asset account reconciliations, annual fixed asset confirmation.
- Responsibility for the intercompany accounting process including ensuring efficiency of transactions and accurate posting
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Support team on month-end close procedures as necessary to ensure accounting records are closed on time
- Assist in reviewing work of staff accountants; coordinate activities, answer questions, provide guidance and feedback
- Act as a liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining rationale for journal entries and financial transactions including answering questions necessary to complete the audit timely
- Complete various financial and accounting reports to support financial reporting and budgeting
- Participate in special projects to drive process improvements to improve accounting efficiencies and support the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- CPA a plus
- 3+ years of experience in general ledger accounting
- Experience in a SOX environment preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
Software & Technology
Position will require the frequent use and knowledge of MS Windows 7 and/or MS Windows 10, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics A/X, Concur, FloQast (or similar), BNA Fixed Assets and Planful.
Position is full-time in office and will potentially require longer hours during close week given DBM is a public company and there are deadlines. This position is indoors in a climate-controlled office. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request for those who have disabilities that qualify under the American with Disabilities Act.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan.