Norris McLaughlin, P.A., has an opening for a bankruptcy attorney with at least 6-8 years of commercial bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and Chapter 11 experience to join our Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights’ practice group.
- Handle all aspects of a Chapter 11 case with minimal supervision and oversight
- Prepare schedules and monthly operating reports
- Drafting motions, disclosure statements and Chapter 11 plans
- Experience with representing creditors, debtors and/or trustees
- State court foreclosure experience is a plus
- Well versed with the bankruptcy code
- Superior academic credentials
- Excellent researching skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Must be bar admitted in the state of New Jersey, New York is a plus
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
You must fill out and complete the online application to be considered for this position. Please remember to attach your cover letter and resume to your online application.