Deck Nine Games is looking for a creative and technical Audio Lead with the capability to design and implement assets, lead the audio efforts for our project, and specialize in key audio systems.
Our narrative-driven projects require a wide array of knowledge and high collaboration with other gifted creatives, to deliver an engaging video game experience. The Audio Director will directly manage a team of Audio Designers to design engaging sound effects, record and implement quality V.O., and oversee integration of a captivating score and music.
- Encourage a culture of respect, support, collaboration, comradery, and creativity throughout the audio team and beyond.
- Manage a team of audio designers, providing guidance and feedback on audio quality, consistency, and implementation.
- Collaborate with creative directors, game directors, and other key stakeholders to define game audio quality bar and vision.
- Work with team leads and production to ensure audio staff are represented in all strike teams throughout development, and that they are fully scheduled and tasked.
- Manage music direction for the project, owning licensed music selection, coordinating with artists/composers producing score, and integrating all music for an alluring gaming experience.
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines and onboard new audio team members.
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous PTO including paid parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
If you are a talented and passionate game developer and you are looking to challenge yourself, please apply today! Full-time position available, remote to start but with ability to relocate and applicants must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
About Deck Nine
Deck Nine Games is an independent game developer dedicated to crafting interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. Our passion is storytelling games.
Our first narrative game, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is loved by fans and has won multiple awards, including Game of Year and was nominated for both a VGA and a BAFTA. The studio is 100+ people and is in sunny Westminster, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains. We hope to share more information about our next title with Square Enix as soon as we can.
We’re looking for talented and self-motivated people to join us as we aim to rise to the top of the storytelling game studios. If this sounds appealing to you, please apply!
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.