If you have diesel and mobile maintenance experience, would enjoy making your own schedule, having your own company truck with your own company phone and laptop to diagnose and repair medium to heavy duty commercial trucks where the customer needs you, then keep reading. Cumberland International Trucks is seeking a passionate and experienced Mobile Diesel Technician to join our service team in Orlando, FL. Earn a sign-on bonus after 90 days, competitive hourly wage (not flat rate) + monthly efficiency bonus, yearly boot and tool allowance, certificate reimbursements, $500 bonuses for referring friends and family, excellent benefits and overtime after 40 hours/week. Daily responsibilities include test driving customer trucks, assessing malfunctions, developing an efficient plan of action to get it running, and completing repairs to result in customer UPTIME. Expect to repair engines, transmissions, clutches, suspension systems, brakes, parts and many other components.
*3 years mobile diesel truck mechanic experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 - $39.00 per hour
As one of the top family and veteran-owned dealers in North America, we pride ourselves on offering a fun and empowering, customer-first culture with tremendous growth opportunities! If you are looking to start a Career, Cumberland offers a Career Path- not just a job. We offer a positive and SAFE work environment per our core values, HONOR, READINESS, VICTORY and LOYALTY.
What's In It For YOU
- Sign-On Bonus after 90 days (with passed drug screen)
- Relocation Assistance available for qualified candidates
- Get your own truck, laptop and phone!
- Monthly Efficiency Bonus and Paid Birthday Off!
- Training and Education available on the job
- Career Path with concrete steps to earn more, learn more and grow as a leader
- Inspect vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering and electrical. Repair or replace transmissions, brakes, engines and other associated parts.
- Run diagnostic tests on diesel engines and interpret results to offer suitable solutions.
- Test drive repaired vehicles to gauge their performance. Complete oil changes, wheel balancing, alignment and brake checks.
- Maintain records of parts replaced on serviced vehicles. Notify service consultant of any additional services needed and complete upon authorization.
- Provide details of the repair on the work order including the three Cs: Customer Complaint, Cause, and Correction.
- Ensure that guest vehicles are returned to customer as clean as they were prior to being serviced. Treat all guests, visitors and dealership personnel with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- Strictly adhere to manufacturer policies and procedures as they relate to labor operations, time and repair order documentation when performing warranty repairs and torque specs.
- Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management or required by the warranty administrator.
- Update repair advocate and case files throughout the day and at the end of your shift.
- Update Service Supervisor prior to the end of the shift the status of the repair. Return the work order packet with the keys inside at the end of your shift.
- Check OEM website for components or repairs requiring pre-approval. Provide ECM image and OEM documentation completed and included in the work order jacket.
- Tag all warranty cores with VIN number and RO number and have the work order signed when the cores are turned in by the Warranty Administrator or Service Foreman.
- Complete all technical training and OEM educational requirements in the specified timeframe.
- Produce quality work that paints pride of workmanship. Maintain your workspace in an organized and clean manner.