Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and highly organized Industrial Property Manager to oversee and manage our existing and fast-growing portfolio of high-tech greenhouse facilities across the United States. In this role, you will lead and coordinate the property management requirements of all greenhouse facilities and properties; including, but not limited to, building and regulatory compliance, third party vendor and maintenance contracts and budgets, property maintenance, capital improvement projects, and legal, insurance and tax compliance. The Property Manager will work cross-functionally and closely with the companys Director of Maintenance and Safety, Director of Greenhouse Facilities, VP of Operations, as well as the companys Legal and Finance Departments
This is an opportunity for an individual to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
What Youll Do
- Oversee existing greenhouse real estate portfolio nationally for Gotham Greens. Travel to company locations as required.
- Ensure compliance with building codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
- Prepare and manage annual third-party operating and capital improvement budgets.
- Act as owners representative when coordinating with national, regional and local stakeholders
- Inspect and arrange maintenance and compliance to meet standards set by Gotham Greens, equipment vendors and landlords
- Partner with the companys Plant Managers and Director of Maintenance on scheduling routine maintenance like landscaping, HVAC, security and other building/ground infrastructure.
- Partner with the companys legal and finance departments on property expenses including taxes, mortgages, insurance premiums, maintenance costs, lease obligations, and Common Area Maintenance reconciliations, as required.
- Bid and manage third party vendor services.
- Manage and coordinate all ongoing compliance requirements mandated by local municipalities, including incentive program obligations, and/or landlords and development partners.
- Review and track monthly utility usage for property portfolio and present to internal stakeholders.
- Oversee security infrastructure, access controls and policies.
- Create and ensure capital projects and maintenance expenses are within budget.
- Further development and management of the plant-wide preventative maintenance program
- Negotiate and maintain new and existing relationships between Gotham Greens and neighbors, municipalities, landlords, contractors, vendors and engineers
- Partner with Plant Managers and Director of Maintenance and Safety on maintenance and special projects to ensure that they are completed according to expectations and budget.
- Maintain interface with third-party owners and accounting team to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting.
Who You Are
- Bachelors degree in real estate, business, finance, or other relevant field of study.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industrial or manufacturing property management.
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of industrial or commercial properties in multiple, diverse geographies.
- Fluent in legal agreements, contracts, utility company and tax authority billing.
- Highly experienced in interacting with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to resolve conflicts as the go-to contact for vendors.
- Exceptional organizational and tracking skills.
- Experience with contractor relations and the ability to supervise personnel and direct projects.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment- someone who will take initiative.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and quickly pivot between the varied responsibilities of this position.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgment in a complex environment.
- Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Tech savvy with impeccable computer skills: Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Work location is flexible if approved by the Company, however, this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.