What You'll Do
The Greenhouse & Controls Technician will assist with greenhouse and growing-focused maintenance projects and technical support across the company. This role will be involved in projects ranging from new greenhouse commissioning to greenhouse improvement. This role will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Greenhouse Facilities and the Director of Environmental Controls.
- Provide ongoing service desk support for:
- Greenhouse and irrigation related maintenance
- Climate control equipment
- Develop training and continuity resources such as:
- SOPs and PM programs for specialized greenhouse equipment e.g., vent motors, pumps, seeding equipment, and evaporative cooling systems
- Training materials and troubleshooting guides for specialized greenhouse equipment
- Oversee the onboarding and training of new maintenance team members on specialized greenhouse equipment
- Support inventory and purchasing for greenhouse and growing projects
- Assist in installation of equipment during new greenhouse commissioning
- Lead and contribute to projects and renovations across company locations
- Maintain spare parts inventory levels for critical greenhouse and growing parts
- Assist in prioritizing work orders in a computerized maintenance management system
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a commercial greenhouse production
- Strong mechanical, plumbing and electrical aptitude
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams and schematic drawings
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Experience with climate controls or business management system
- Work location is flexible if approved by the Company, however, this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.