POSITION GOAL: The Floor Technician performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within established guidelines as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 20 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our “continuing-care-without-walls” offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of “Exemplary Service…Every Time!”.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”, our organization strives to adhere to the following values in all that we do:
- Community – Nurturing a sense of connection and belonging.
- Compassion – Caring from the heart.
- Respect – Honoring and valuing every person.
- Consistency – Always being exemplary.
- Innovation – Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities.
- Empowerment – Supporting hospitality inspired solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Floor Technician:
- Receives assignments from supervisor.
- Follows established cleaning schedules (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) as outlined for the housekeeping department.
- Thoroughly cleans assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Cleans floors with dry mop, wet mop, sweeps, waxes, scrubs, strips and disinfects where and when necessary. Performs emergency housekeeping where necessary.
- Cleans moveable and stationary furnishing and fixtures. Straightens or rearranges furniture as directed. Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to supervisor.
- Cleans carpeting: vacuuming, shampoos, as directed.
- Cleans bathrooms (resident, private, public): Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls, as directed. Washes windows and mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Cleans walls, windows, door and ceilings: Spot cleans between washing, disinfects when necessary. Walls, ceilings and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
- Performs cleaning duties as instructed in resident rooms when resident has been discharged, or transferred.
- Interacts with co-workers, physicians, residents and all other customers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the facility and promotes positive customer relations.
- Supports the facility’s mission statement by dependability in attendance, punctuality, maintaining confidentiality, the timely completion of assignments, and attention to principles of professional ethics and quality service.
- Has a commitment to professional and personal growth through development of skills and knowledge, as well as improvement in the facility’s performance.
- Ensures the rights, dignity and confidentiality of all residents is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Routine duties are performed with minimal supervisor; occasional checks of work while in progress; work is reviewed upon completion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
No prior experience or training required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of 2-3 syllable words. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic computer skills