POSITION GOAL: The Caregiver provides assistance to older adult clients in their private home environments supporting their goal to live safely and happily as they age in place. Assist clients with physical activities of daily living, home chores, companionship and specialized memory care.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 20 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our “continuing-care-without-walls” offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of “Exemplary Service…Every Time!”.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as “Doing the right thing every time”, our organization strives to adhere to the following values in all that we do:
- Community – Nurturing a sense of connection and belonging.
- Compassion – Caring from the heart.
- Respect – Honoring and valuing every person.
- Consistency – Always being exemplary.
- Innovation – Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities.
- Empowerment – Supporting hospitality inspired solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Caregiver:
- Serve as caregiver to clients. Provide personal care, homemaking assistance, companionship and medicine prompting.
- Provide supervision and targeted memory care to clients with memory impairment, following the instructions and guidance of the Blakeford At Home management team.
- Serve as driver to clients, safely transporting them to and from appointments throughout the community.
- Accompany clients during privately scheduled appointments as needed. Assist them in and out of the vehicle and with ambulation throughout appointment.
- Provide housekeeping services to clients as scheduled including sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens, mopping, vacuuming and dusting.
- Report incidents, changes in client needs and any other observations to program managers.
- Complete and submit daily timesheets, daily visit records and any other paperwork as assigned in a timely manner.
- Report to the Blakeford At Home office for presentation of new clients and for regular check-in meetings with program managers.
- Attend employee in-service sessions as required.
- Interact with supervisor, managers and all co-workers in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships.
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner that promotes positive customer relations and a positive image of Blakeford At Home.
- Demonstrate dependability in attendance and punctuality, and timely completion of assignments.
- Adhere to policies and practices as explained in the employee handbook and in all other materials provided at orientation.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Receives guidance and instruction from supervisor, managers and team support personnel regarding approach, technique, and improvement of caregiving responsibilities as outlined above.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of training and certification earned for Certified Nurse Aide preferred. A minimum of two years of experience providing caregiving to adults, age 70 and older, preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB: CNA preferred, not required
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
PHYSICAL: Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Able to move about freely in the following ways (including but not limited to): standing, walking, bending, sitting, and reaching with arms and hands.
LANGUAGE: Able to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence. Able to write short correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic personal computer skills including e-mail, word processing, spread sheet and graphics.