C&I looking for a talented driven individual to join our team in Houston, Texas!
If you love solving complex engineering problems while providing quality service and developing meaningful networks with clients then this may be the place for you!
About the opportunity:
C&I is an employee owned, full service, engineering design firm providing engineering/design/project management and procurement services to various clients. We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Houston, Texas office to help us achieve our company mission. The Mechanical Team is responsible for preparing technical reports, studies, design documents, performing calculations using engineering software, and preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment and support systems.
We are diversifying and working on some of the largest and most complex projects in various industries such as Refining, Bourbon, Chemical, BioProducts… You name it! When we take on a project, it’s personal. We feel that even though we may only be responsible for a portion, in effect, it’s all “our” project. This sense of ownership, this unwavering commitment to excellence and a devotion to each task is not situational. It is an integral part of our process and at the very core of who we are as a company. As we grow, we need hardworking people to help contribute to our collaborative culture and solve the engineering challenges of tomorrow.
- Working independently & functioning as a Mechanical project lead that includes planning, coordinating, scheduling, creating effort estimates, as well as checking technical and construction documents on equipment and piping projects.
- Developing, interpreting, and reviewing utility and process P&IDs and Line Designation Tables
- Performing detailed analysis and comprehensive calculation related to rotating fixed equipment
- Developing an independent quality plan to supplement normal project execution plan when appropriate. Ensures accuracy, completeness and consistency in the work produced in concert with project team objectives and customer expectations.
- Creates plan of execution for unique projects, anticipating the sequence of tasks, long lead and special items for engineering procurement cycle, and dependencies of information from others.
- Uses vendor documents, coordination prints, surveys and models to check dimensions, determine interface points, determine physical space requirements, and provide information to other departments. etc.