What You'll Do
Gotham Greens is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Maintenance & Safety to oversee each of Gotham Greens greenhouse locations across the United States. The Director of Maintenance & Safety will be responsible for overseeing the facility operations for each greenhouse, directing routine maintenance, responding to building emergencies, managing risk, managing third party vendors, and managing a team of Maintenance Supervisors and Managers at various Gotham Greens locations across the United States. Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Colorado,
- Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire safety, plumbing, and waste management
- Oversee, project manage and direct the maintenance of all Gotham Greens facilities and properties
- Partner with Plant Operations Leadership to manage a team of Maintenance Managers and Supervisors at multiple Gotham Greens locations
- Partner with the companys Property Manager on capital improvement projects and building/grounds maintenance, when applicable.
- Participate in recruitment, management and development of maintenance and facilities teams
- Utilize CMMS system to manage work order priority and parts inventory
- Partner with Plant Managers and Growing teams to develop SOPs for equipment at all facilities.
- Directs, schedules, and oversees external contractors (electricians, plumbers, roofers, painters, landscapers, snow removal, etc.)
- Develop and monitor department budget, orders equipment and supplies, and monitors inventory at each location
- Ensure Maintenance Supervisors accurately manage critical parts at each location
- Develop and execute root cause failure analysis, corrective and preventative actions, including emergency coverage plans for all facilities
- Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, safety and security systems
- Manage and coordinate all ongoing compliance requirements mandated by local municipalities, incentive program obligations, and/or landlords; Ensures compliance with region specific regulations and laws
- Partner with Construction and Development team on new projects to support commissioning of new locations and all operations equipment
- Partner with Property Manager to ensure coordination for maintenance, negotiation, and management for all 3rd party contracts for our greenhouse locations and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Implement employee safety program and ensure all maintenance operations are performed according to OSHA guidelines; Complies with established State and Federal Regulations, Environmental, OSHA, and Safety programs
- Adhere to all food safety policies and maintain a clean, safe work environment
Who You Are
- 8+ years experience in physical plant maintenance, with three or more years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project management, organization and leadership skills
- Experience in operational and strategic planning as well as budget development
- Strong mechanical, plumbing and electrical aptitude
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams and schematic drawings
- Experience with CMMS systems
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves and being hands-on
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative, humble, and team-oriented
- Commitment to the company mission and values
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of time
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.