The Host or Hostess's basic function is to welcome, greet and seat guests in a gracious, accommodating, and professional manner, ensuring 100% guest satisfaction. The level of service must be consistent with established “Lev Group” standards. The position also requires the employee to provide guests with accurate information regarding the restaurant and its operations. The essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: enthusiastically recognize guest with standards, eye contact, smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, and use the guest's last name.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome guests by greeting them per the LEVGroup standards and respond to customer queries by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Escort and seat guests to their table or reserved table
- Promote and maintain the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs
- Handle and process telephone and in person reservations to document in Open Table system
- Maintain responsibility of cleanliness of hostess stations
- Maintain responsibility of cleanliness of all menus and drink menus
- Maintain knowledge of menu, including daily specials
- Maintain current information on all general activities of the restaurant
- Be knowledgeable with regards to operating hours of the restaurant and any promotion/events
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Host/Hostess in fine dining food and beverage industry
- Minimum 1 year Open Table experience
- Working knowledge of computer applications and systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be effective at listening, understanding guest needs and clarifying concerns and issues raised by guests
- Ability to be flexible and to perform multiple tasks effectively
- Friendly, open disposition and professional presentation
- Open availability; must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, twist at the neck and trunk, bend at the waist and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, reach overhead, above shoulders and horizontally. Employees will use hands to handle objects and tools, and operate service equipment. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40-pound objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees may use vision to monitor food quality and quantity and may also order supplies, etc.
Work Conditions: May require evening and weekend hours. While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works in an indoor front of restaurant and kitchen environment with exposure to heat from ovens, hot foods and steamers and cleaning chemicals, fumes, equipment, and metal objects. You will usually be based indoors, splitting your time between the front of the restaurant and the kitchen. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud dependent on specific work site and/or equipment operation. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LEV Group: The LEV Restaurant Group was founded in 2002 as a vehicle to create, develop and operate Food & Beverage concepts. Based in Las Vegas, LEV Restaurant Group employees over 800 employees and has 50+ multi-state locations. The Lev Group collaborates and invests in entrepreneurial spirited professionals to create authentic and immersive drinking and dining establishments throughout the Las Vegas Valley. We partner with chefs, service leaders, and brand ambassadors and we provide all the support necessary to ensure brand development success.
We celebrate dedication, passion and creativity.
Our organization is excited to develop inspired concepts and world class experiences.