Reporting to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, the Line Cook is responsible for leading employees with the preparation and distribution of food service to residents, guests and other events as well as ensuring food preparation meets the established sanitation standards and food production guidelines. The Line Cook respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Assists Chef and Sous Chef with culinary instructions and leads kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Determines how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Operates food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisitions food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs
- Cleans and inspects kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-40 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Proper usage and handling of carious kitchen machinery to include slicers, ovens, stove, grinders, mixers and other kitchen related equipment.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing, walking and climbing stairs with food items and dishes.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.