Who We're Looking For:
The Bronx Academy for Multi-Media seeks a vibrant, dedicated Enrichment Specialist to lead students in enrichment activities after school. This unique opportunity is perfect for college students looking for hands-on experience in education, social work, or community engagement. You'll play a significant role in supporting students through test prep, project-based learning, and enrichment activities in STEM, hobby and career exploration, and social-emotional learning.
What You'll Do:
As an Enrichment, you will work directly with a group of approximately 10-20 middle school students to provide an innovative, enriching, stimulating, safe, and responsible after-school program activity. You must have a genuine interest in the growth and development of these students and must be able to establish authority through your leadership, communication, and patience.
In addition to planning and implementing lessons in your field of expertise and craft, enrichment specialists are responsible for preparing a safe, engaging environment for the students they teach. They must also support student learning with a growth mindset and establish a positive rapport with students, school-day teachers, and their teams. As enrichment specialists prepare materials and supplies for the afterschool program, they must keep in mind Graham-Windham Core Values and Pillars requirements.
- Build impactful, positive, and affirming partnerships with their group of students.
- Create and lead lesson plans in a variety of areas, including the arts, movement/dance, STEM, and literacy enrichment.
- Organizing group projects and activities, demonstrating various techniques, and encouraging students to create and develop their own ideas.
- Supervise small groups during trips, ensuring safe departure and return to BAMM.
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, safe and materials are available and provided to participants.
- Create a safe, bully-free environment for all participants.
- Maintain accurate student attendance records and submit them daily to Community School Director or designated record area.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and professional development training.
- Use positive classroom management techniques and celebrate student progress and success.
- Complete other administrative tasks as required.