About RightNow Media
RightNow Media's mission is to work with the global church to inspire people to love others before self and Christ above all. We serve the global church by providing streaming video resources that inspire and equip people to disciple and love others at home, at work, at school, and in their communities. We love teamwork, authentic stories, our families, hard work, and the church.
We have been a Certified Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute for the past five years.
RightNow media is looking for an experienced Back-End Developer to join our software development team in Mckinney, TX. This person will be responsible for writing high-quality server-side software alongside our in-house team to create the services and data-stores that drive new experiences for our users on the web and in native apps, with a focus on relational database systems and distributed service applications. This person will help the team test and verify code as it's developed and deployed into production, as well as contribute to team growth and cohesion by participating in stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings.
This person values personal and professional growth, and has a passion for exploring and learning new topics. The successful candidate would strive for excellence in both their work and their relationships, and they maintain a professional outlook in all situations and interactions. This person would pay attention to the little details in their work, and are self-motivated and able to accomplish tasks and objectives with little elaboration or guidance.
This role will be based at our headquarters near Dallas in Mckinney, Texas. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m.-5:30p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field 2+ years of experience in software development
- Proficient in C# or Java
- Proficient in unit and integration testing methodologies, including the application of frameworks like NUnit or XUnit
- Proficient in MSSQL or other relational database systems
- Proficient in the application of MVC frameworks (ASP.NET MVC or Spring), as well as inversion of control (specifically dependency injection)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Familiar with architectural concepts like microservices, distributed systems, caching, and asynchronous tasks
- Experience with cloud server deployments (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, XP, etc.)