- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively and collegially within a multi-faceted performing arts organization while effecting and leading change where needed.
- Service, ingenuity, and collaboration
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Mission-driven sense of purpose
- Passion for theater and for CST’s mission and commitment to supporting its diverse constituencies.
- Broad knowledge of and experience in organizational development, employee relations, recruiting, coaching and training.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and a board of directors.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and manage in a fast-paced, flexible, changing environment.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of discretion, tact, and confidentiality.
- Work hours are generally regular business hours, Monday through Friday
- Evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be necessary.
- Worksite is primarily at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago
- As a member of the leadership team, work some evenings and weekends as needed to attend Board meetings, opening nights, and community engagement events.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in human resources, organizational development, or related field.
- Experience leading Human Resources functions, preferably some experience within the performing arts or other non-profit organizations.
- Experience working with unions and collective bargaining agreements is a plus.
- Experience and success in advancing organizational diversity, inclusion, and equity commitments including cultural competency and demonstrated commitment to advancing Anti-Racism and Anti-Bias efforts.
- Specialized training in organizational development, employment law, compensation, employee relations, and staff training a plus.
- SHRM or PHR certification is preferred.
- Active affiliation with human resource professional networks and organizations is preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which means 14 days has passed since obtaining 2 doses of a primary series with Pfizer, Moderna, or Novavax or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Proof of vaccination must be provided before beginning work with Chicago Shakespeare Theater or a request for a qualifying exemption must be submitted and approved prior to beginning work.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CST is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all our hiring for staff and artists, We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CST prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.