The Property Manager is responsible for leading and directing all team members in the daily operations of the property. This is a dynamic position that provides key support in all areas of property management and motivates all team members to provide exceptional service to residents while maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction and upholding Birchstone values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Lead and direct all aspects of Property operations to ensure adherence to Birchstone standards, exemplary service, and the highest degree of resident satisfaction while upholding Birchstone values and working within budgetary guidelines.
- Develop the annual budget for the Property and oversee attainment of budgeted goals by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget, and working with the Controller, ownership, and others to address and resolve gaps in the financial performance of the Property.
- Ensure the Property meets the established operational, financial, and business performance goals. Develop and implement appropriate action plans to achieve results.
- Submit status reports to the Regional Manager per established schedule and provide regular updates on operations and financial performance; Ensure efficient and timely processing of all forms, reports, and administrative tasks.
- Review, analyze, and interpret current market and economic trends that may impact the Property and implement short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the Property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Provide suggestions for improving overall efficiencies and processes; implement solutions to maximize operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Evaluate apartment prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals; Set rental rates, oversee collections, deposits, reporting, etc.
- Obtain bids for all contract services; Approve and submit invoices from all service providers.
- Implement strategies to maximize resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and take appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Ensure the Property’s service team members comply with the Company’s standards regarding resident service requests response times and completion.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, manage and provide performance feedback to team members to ensure exceptional Property performance and adequate staffing.
- Provide leadership and training to team members on exceptional resident service and leasing techniques, attaining financial and marketing goals, and other best business practices.
- Communicate strategic objectives and performance goals/benchmarks to team members; motivate team members to achieve performance goals through coaching, recognition programs, team building, etc.
- Provide frequent performance feedback and conduct regular performance review; address any team member concerns.
- Walk the grounds, tour path, make readies and amenities daily to ensure they are show ready, Birchstone Standards and values are upheld, procedures are followed, and the Property is operating efficiently and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Walk and inspect all make ready units to ensure readiness for new residents.
- Provide meaningful tours to guests, including prospective tenants, owners, investors, and other Birchstone team members, showcasing amenities, models, Property, etc.
- Develop and implement annual marketing plan and conduct marketing surveys and reviews on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of corporate and area/region-specific initiatives.
- Provide support and assistance in the execution of special projects and assignments including capital improvement project management and monitoring project progress.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all current, future, and previous residents. Create and develop meaningful and memorable experiences through personal relationship building.
- Conduct morning huddles daily with all associates to discuss priority items and status.
- Other duties as assigned.