COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be dependable and have good inter-personal and communication/organization skills and the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position, as well as the Physical Demands and Work Environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Basic math skills required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of computers including word processing and spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Required as appropriate to degree possessed.
- All Faculty must have:
- Education Credentials: At least one degree higher than the degree level they are teaching or the highest available degree for the profession.
- Teaching experience: At least two years of teaching experience at the post-graduate level, including classroom, clinical education and supervision, curriculum development and design.
- At least one of the following:
- Master of Science in chiropractic pediatrics.
- Diplomate certification in chiropractic pediatrics.
- At least ten years of work/life experience in chiropractic pediatrics.
- Doctorate-level non-chiropractic health degree with specialization in pediatrics (for example MD*, DNP*, DPT*); this qualifies faculty to teach non- technique courses only.
- For specialized courses within the MSIP program faculty must hold:
- Doctorate, Master of Science, or specialty certification in the specialized course topic (ex: in nutrition for nutrition course, neurology for neurology course, etc.).
- Specialty course topics – pediatric diagnostic imaging, pediatric neurology, pediatric nutrition, pediatric sports injuries management, pediatric public health.
- Faculty for Chiropractic Technique courses must have:
- Doctor of Chiropractic degree (or international equivalent) and active chiropractic license in good standing.
- Faculty with Clinical Supervision Responsibilities must have:
- Active chiropractic or other relevant physician-level license in good standing.
*MD = Doctor of Medicine
DNP = Doctor of Nursing Practice DPT = Doctor of Physical Therapy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to use hands to type on computer, operate office equipment and handle books, files, documents, etc. Must be able to talk and hear to answer phones and when assisting others. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and to stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift objects weighing from 10 – 30 pounds and possibly up to 50 pounds. Close vision needed to use computer. Must have distance vision and depth perception for safety purposes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment in this position is characteristic of a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days or sick days.