POSITION TITLE: Office Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Full time - Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $54,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Performs responsible, varied or specialized customer service, clerical or secretarial duties for the Airport Administration department; performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers in-coming calls and routes callers or provides information as required. Receives the public and answers questions; schedules appointments; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate persons. Keeps appropriate records of all incoming and outgoing communication.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains inventories and orders department office supplies. Maintains paper supplies in printer, copier, and fax machine; fills electric stapler; calls for repairs on office equipment.
- Receives stamps and distributes incoming mail and deliveries, prepares some replies. independently; processes outgoing mail.
- Manages shipping and mailing such as FedEx, UPS, and US Mail.
- Receives, signs for, and distributes incoming packages delivered from UPS or Federal Express.
- Composes, and edits correspondence, reports, statistical data, transmittals, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness. Some of which may require obtaining, organizing, and planning suitable presentation of content. Edits proofs and rewords work of others as needed.
- Obtains and compiles information needed for administrative use or report preparation where only general directions are received. Inputs data to standard office and department forms; creates forms as needed; compiles data for various reports or documents.
- Maintains Terminal Lost & Found program; collects items from various stations in terminal; logs lost & found items and inquiries; makes every effort possible to find owners of lost items.
- Maintains parking permit program for Airport Authority employees and contractors as well as rental car employees.
- Coordinate and plan employee events.
- Coordinates and tracks employee uniform purchases with department directors. Including company embroidery and delivery to employee.
- Compare purchase card receipts to statements monthly.
- Enters invoices into accounting system for processing.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and meetings as appropriate for staff.
- Performs errands as needed.
- Maintains clean and organized office workspace, conference areas and break areas.
- Available to work normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
- May include working after hour special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High School graduation or equivalency; at least one year experience with clerical/office practices and procedures; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the essential job duties.
Background Check: Employment with the Airport is contingent upon an education/experience background investigation, a fingerprint-based criminal history record check processed by the FBI, and upon the ability to be granted a security badge as mandated by the Transportation Security Administration.
Drug and Alcohol Screening: The Grand Junction Regional Airport conducts pre-employment, post offer drug and alcohol screening and random drug screening during employment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and perform various assignments.
- General and specialized office practices and procedures.
- Correct and effective use of English grammar and business arithmetic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral or written instructions and apply guidelines to widely varied situations.
- Express ideas and convey information effectively orally and in writing.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Interact with the public in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Maintain accurate records; set priorities; and deal effectively with frequent interruptions and several situations at one time.
- Effective use of business telephone etiquette.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration. Incumbents are expected to carry assignments through to completion with only unusual or especially complicated tasks reviewed in detail.
This is not a supervisory position. Employee may provide specific instructions, or outline general objectives and/or procedures to other department staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Requires frequent use of personal computer, including Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and software programs, calculator, telephone, scanner, copy machine, fax machine and postage machine.
This position requires use of Airport vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an office environment; the employee rarely works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This description covers the most significant essential and auxiliary duties performed but does not include other occasional work which may be similar, related to, or logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employee agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.