The Event Production Crew supports the Fleet Mission and Visitor Experience Philosophy by assisting in the preparation and execution of Meetings and Special Events held at the Fleet. Works with the Special Events Department to ensure that each event (internal or external) is carried out according to the work order and floor map in place and ensure that each guest attending the event experiences great customer service.
1. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, with a take charge and high energy attitude.
2. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment, quick thinker and able to work quickly and diligently.
3. Experience in customer service, event planning, and bartending. Theatrical experience is a plus.
Reports to: Special Events Manager, Special Events Coordinator, and/or Manager on Duty
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position, are as follows:
- Smile and greet event guests; always make each guest feel welcome.
- Set-up and break-down special events equipment, including tables, chairs, linens, stanchions, signage and sound equipment.
- Properly use event equipment such as the freight elevator, the chair carts, table carts, stanchion carts, and belly-up tables cart.
- Follow an event layout and work order as instructions for setting up an event area.
- Support the Special Events Manager/Coordinator in executing the plans of a Special Event.
- Direct event guests to and from appropriate points during the event (i.e. entrance, exit, theater, restrooms, food areas, entertainment areas, etc.).
- Walk through Science Center galleries, front rotunda lobby, Community Forum and Lecture Hall regularly to pick up trash, tidy brochures and restock as needed. Report any concerns regarding guest behavior, safety concerns, or exhibits issues to a supervisor.
- Perform A/V duties in the lecture hall and community forum, including: operating DVD, sound system, computer connection for presentations, lights, microphones and screens for special events or lectures.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance; following company uniform and grooming policy.
- Ensure that safety regulations and procedures are observed at all times.
- Have a current knowledge of the emergency procedures and keep the Special Events Manager and/or MOD informed of any emergencies that arise.
- Attend Employee Orientation Program.
- Attend Special Events Training Programs as required.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: Tables chairs, keys, linens and stanchions, microphone, sound equipment.