- 6+ years of experience as a level designer, preferably with 3+ years as a Lead or Senior Level Designer
- Significant involvement in 2 published games, with at least 1 project at senior level
- Experience leading and supporting a quality-driven team
- A thorough grasp of good level design principles (difficulty, pacing, tension, etc.)
- Well-versed in all aspects of level design, including documentation, greyboxing, and implementing interactive objects
- Proven ability supporting narrative through level design
- UE4 experience
- Blueprints or other scripting experience
- Single-player level design experience
- Experience working with story-heavy content
- Puzzle design experience
- Ability to easily communicate with programming
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working collaboratively
- Listen to all the ideas and coherently answer questions
- Review, troubleshoot, and provide feedback
- Be a passionate leader every day
- Experience in game design
- Understanding the specific needs of narrative adventure games
- Shipped at least 1 narrative adventure game
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
If you are a talented and passionate game developer and you are looking to challenge yourself creatively, please apply today! Position is full time, on-site or remote, and applicants must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
About Deck Nine
Deck Nine Games is an independent game developer dedicated to crafting interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. Our passion is storytelling games.
Our first narrative game, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is loved by fans and has won multiple awards, including Game of Year and was nominated for both a VGA and a BAFTA. Recently we just announced our next game, Life is Strange: True Colors, due to be released in September 2021.
The studio is 100+ people and is in sunny Westminster, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains. We hope to share more information about our next title with Square Enix as soon as we can.
We’re looking for talented and self-motivated people to join us as we aim to rise to the top of the storytelling game studios. We are part of the thriving Colorado game dev scene and our location offers a lower cost of living and a proximity to countless family-friendly activities and amazing outdoor opportunities. If this sounds appealing to you, please apply!
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.