About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 400 full-time, part-time and on-call employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
About the Program
The Family Treatment/ Rehabilitation Program (FTR) located both in Manhattan and Brooklyn offers intensive preventive case management services to families at risk of removal of children to foster care due to neglect and abuse. Risk factors for families served by the FTR program are sometimes advanced as a result of caretakers’ drug use and/ or mental illness. The stressors of poverty, substance use, instability and criminal justice involvement, parental depression, family stress, substance use or domestic violence can greatly compromise a parent’s capacity to care for her children, despite strong desires to be engaged. Using Solution Based Casework, we actively work with parents to help them develop a more active, consistent and productive role in their child’s educational and social development; we encourage families to build connections to positive supports in their community who will help them sustain their progress. Our goal is to partner with families to keep them together while ensuring that children will be safely cared for.
The Licensed Clinician will provide clinical assessments of client disorders and use an eclectic approach of engagement and service delivery. The clinician will also support the case planning staff in the implementation of case specific goals of families; will be part of a multi-method program and has a consistent strong approach to partnering with families to promote the safety and wellbeing of all children; ensure that our families and staff have access to high-quality resources to meet their needs.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Participate in Clinical Diagnostic Team (CDT) meetings and ensure that clinical decisions meet best case practice standards as well as contractual requirements.
- Provide short-term therapy for families as needed
- Assess and provide diagnosis for clients as needed
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, help to develop treatment plans and service delivery
- Provide chemical dependency expertise and support to staff
- Connect clients to providers (i.e. Psychologist/ Psychiatrist/Substance Abuse Program) and follow up with them
- Assist clients to initially organize their medication with a schedule, discuss side effects and other concerning factors
- Coordinate crisis and safety planning with case planners and families with mental health issues
- Conduct joint home visits with case planners
- Conduct all intakes for families
- Comply and follow with Graham’s and Children’s Services policies and standards
- Coordinate and conduct groups
- Provide trainings for staff and consult on high-risk cases
- Attend trainings and staff meetings for further development
- Assist with coverage of cases during staff vacancies
- Perform other duties assigned
Full-time position; Annually Starting Salary: $65,000 + Benefits + Merit. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.