An Internship at Carolina Creek is for someone who is all about mission. Someone who is eager to serve God while discovering and developing their gifts and exploring paths toward vocation. While you’re all about that - we’re all about you. We’re looking for the person who doesn’t let others look down on you just because you’re young. The person who’s got talent, passion, and motivation to spare. The person who can’t wait to spend the best years of your life doing the best work of your life, learning and developing alongside some of the best leaders around. The person who is eager to serve their team, coworkers and strangers alike because serving blesses the giver, just as much- if not more than the receiver. A Carolina Creek Internship isn’t for just anyone—and that’s why we think it might be perfect for you.
The Carolina Creek Internship is designed to help young adults develop as leaders spiritually, personally, and professionally. Carolina Creek is currently seeking young adults who are excited about developing under some of the best leaders in camp ministry and working in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
If you are a hard-working, driven, teachable young leader who is passionate about the mission and vision of Carolina Creek, keep reading.
- Internship start date: August 13, 2023
- Carolina Creek Internships are 12 months long
- Internships are 40+ hours a week
- Interns will develop spiritually, personally, and professionally through development calls, staff training events, and other ministry opportunities
Remember, this isn’t your average internship. So, we’ll really love it if:
- You have a calm face that masks a brain working at warp speeds
- Your idea of an internship has way more to do with making a difference than making copies
Interns are not employees according to current IRS regulations, but are given an allowance of $1100/month for personal living expenses, in addition to housing and meals.
This internship is located at Carolina Creek Christian Camps in Riverside, TX.
The Internship Program at Carolina Creek is designed to walk with young adult participants as they grow and mature spiritually, professionally and in community with one another. Interns will have the opportunity to develop in, as well as receive training with regards to, Identity In Christ, Spiritual Formation, Discipleship, Communal Living, Leadership (Biblical, Professional, and Social) and Ministry Career Skills.
This is not a gap-year program but is intended to provide work experience for post-graduates who desire to explore ministry careers related to Christian camping, Chrisitian hospitality, children’s or youth ministry, culinary fields, human resources, marketing or creative media ministries. Supervisors construct an individualized curriculum for each participant that will help them accomplish their own professional goals.
The Guest Experience Intern will work within our team to provide a hospitable and welcoming environment to guests, to show and help them experience the love of Christ free from distractions.
Did you ever think God could use your eye for detail or desire to come alongside others to help them be successful at camp? At Carolina Creek God you will use your God-given skills and passion to serve Him, to come alongside individuals and help bring their vision to fruition. God will create opportunities for you that you could never have imagined, but it is up to you to embrace His plan for your life.
Within the Guest Experience team, we believe everything we do is ministry. As a Guest Experience Intern you will host groups by intentionally engaging them, and coming alongside leaders to meet their needs prior to their stay. You will have a hand in facilities management to make sure we are putting our best food forward for groups, as well as leading and facilitating activities on a weekly basis. We’re looking for someone who is proactive in identifying new ways to serve groups and raise the bar of excellence in Christian hospitality.
- Focus on the big picture, while never losing sight of the little details along the way
- Have a flexible demeanor and willingness to embrace change
- Provide a hospitable environment to all guests
- Think about how to improve our guest experience daily
- Rock-solid work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ready to step into the entire hosting process, from guest booking, to scheduling, to facilities set up, to arrival, to activity facilitation, and departure
- Communicate across other Carolina Creek departments to give the best guest experience
The cherry on top:
- Previous experience in hospitality, activity facilitation and/or camp counseling
- Have a passion to serve the local community
This position reports directly to the Guest Experience Director, and works in close proximity with the full-time team. We are looking for flexibility, proactiveness, and a heart for service. There are a variety of tasks that are part of this role, including:
- Guest Group Hosting- intentionally engaging with the group and coming alongside group leaders to help meet their needs prior to and during their stay. This includes:
- Coordinating with groups- implementing and adjusting schedules, arrival/departure times, and activities
- Preparing and cleaning facilities for groups- setting up tables, chairs, etc.
- Leading activities- high ropes, low ropes, aquatics, etc.
- Being proactive in identifying new ways to serve groups and raising the bar of excellence in Christian Hospitality
- Communicating and obtaining needs from guests and different Carolina Creek teams
- Caring for and promoting stewardship of the Carolina Creek property
- Maintaining an organized work environment
- Helping with Initial Interviews in the recruiting process for summer staff
- Participating in recruiting trips
- Attending meetings
- Helping with tours
- Engaging in activities to serve the neighboring community
Begin Date & End Date
08/13/2023 - 08/18/2024
$1,110 per month