An Internship at Carolina Creek is for someone who is all about mission. Someone who is eager to serve God while discovering and developing their gifts and exploring paths toward vocation. While you’re all about that - we’re all about you. We’re looking for the person who doesn’t let others look down on you just because you’re young. The person who’s got talent, passion, and motivation to spare. The person who can’t wait to spend the best years of your life doing the best work of your life, learning and developing alongside some of the best leaders around. The person who is eager to serve their team, coworkers and strangers alike because serving blesses the giver, just as much- if not more than the receiver. A Carolina Creek Internship isn’t for just anyone—and that’s why we think it might be perfect for you.
The Carolina Creek Internship is designed to help young adults develop as leaders spiritually, personally, and professionally. Carolina Creek is currently seeking young adults who are excited about developing under some of the best leaders in camp ministry and working in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
If you are a hard-working, driven, teachable young leader who is passionate about the mission and vision of Carolina Creek, keep reading.
- Internship start date: August 13, 2023
- Carolina Creek Internships are 12 months long
- Internships are 40+ hours a week
- Interns will develop spiritually, personally, and professionally through development calls, staff training events, and other ministry opportunities
Remember, this isn’t your average internship. So, we’ll really love it if:
- You have a calm face that masks a brain working at warp speeds
- Your idea of an internship has way more to do with making a difference than making copies
Interns are not employees according to current IRS regulations, but are given an allowance of $1100/month for personal living expenses, in addition to housing and meals.
This internship is located at Carolina Creek Christian Camps in Riverside, TX.
The Internship Program at Carolina Creek is designed to walk with young adult participants as they grow and mature spiritually, professionally and in community with one another. Interns will have the opportunity to develop in, as well as receive training with regards to, Identity In Christ, Spiritual Formation, Discipleship, Communal Living, Leadership (Biblical, Professional, and Social) and Ministry Career Skills.
This is not a gap-year program but is intended to provide work experience for post-graduates who desire to explore ministry careers related to Christian camping, Chrisitian hospitality, children’s or youth ministry, culinary fields, human resources, marketing or creative media ministries. Supervisors construct an individualized curriculum for each participant that will help them accomplish their own professional goals.
The Culinary Intern will work closely with our Food Service team to provide a quality meal and hospitable and welcoming environment to guests, to help them experience the love of Christ free from distractions.
Did you ever think God could use your love for food, and desire to serve others at camp? At Carolina Creek God you will use your God-given skills and passion to serve Him. God will create opportunities for you that you could never have imagined, but it is up to you to embrace His plan for your life. It matters where we all come from, sure- but when you bring your skills to Carolina Creek, there is no telling where God can take you.
Within the Food Service Team, we believe everything we do is ministry. As a Culinary Intern you will spend your days in the kitchen preparing meals for a variety of guests, showing them Christ's love through the gift of a meal. You will have a hand in meal prepping, as well as cooking, and maintaining a proper work space to make sure we are putting our best foot forward for groups. We’re looking for someone who is proactive in identifying new ways to serve and raise the bar of excellence in Christian hospitality.
- Have a love for food and see cooking as a way to serve and bless others
- Focus on the big picture, while never losing sight of the little details along the way
- Have a flexible demeanor and willingness to embrace change
- Provide a hospitable environment to all guests
- Rock-solid work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ready to step into the food service process, from meal prep, to cooking, to cleaning, and more
- Think about how to improve our guest experience daily
The cherry on top:
- Previous experience in a kitchen, specifically at camp
- Have a passion for culinary ministry for the long term
Begin Date & End Date
$1,110 per month