An Internship at Carolina Creek is for someone who is all about mission. Someone who is eager to serve God while discovering and developing their gifts and exploring paths toward vocation. While you’re all about that - we’re all about you. We’re looking for the person who doesn’t let others look down on you just because you’re young. The person who’s got talent, passion, and motivation to spare. The person who can’t wait to spend the best years of your life doing the best work of your life, learning and developing alongside some of the best leaders around. The person who is eager to serve their team, coworkers and strangers alike because serving blesses the giver, just as much- if not more than the receiver. A Carolina Creek Internship isn’t for just anyone—and that’s why we think it might be perfect for you.
The Carolina Creek Internship is designed to help young adults develop as leaders spiritually, personally, and professionally. Carolina Creek is currently seeking young adults who are excited about developing under some of the best leaders in camp ministry and working in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
If you are a hard-working, driven, teachable young leader who is passionate about the mission and vision of Carolina Creek, keep reading.
Internship start date: August 13, 2023
Carolina Creek Internships are 12 months long
Internships are 40+ hours a week
Interns will develop spiritually, personally, and professionally through development calls, staff training events, and other ministry opportunities
Remember, this isn’t your average internship. So, we’ll really love it if:
Interns are not employees according to current IRS regulations, but are given an allowance of $1100/month for personal living expenses, in addition to housing and meals.
This internship is located at Carolina Creek Christian Camps in Riverside, TX.
Participants in the Intern Program serve on our ministry team, as needed, whenever guests are present. This includes most, but not all weekends throughout the year, as well as some midweek groups. Direct ministry assignments will vary depending upon the giftings and abilities of each individual, but all participants should expect to be deployed as needed to accomplish our mission. Assignments may include, but are not limited to:
Facilitate Carolina Creek adventure/recreation, aquatics, and target sports in a safe manner for all guests.
Lead a small group of campers in Bible Studies, activities, and other program elements for midweek and weekend programs.
Assist the Kitchen Staff in serving and cleaning of meals for all guest groups.
Assist the Guest Experience team in preparing facilities for guests, including cleaning dining halls, common areas, and cabins as well as room setup.
Assist the Grounds Team in maintaining & improving grounds.
Participate in meetings and complete assignments received by the Intern Coordinator & supervisor.
Each intern will be assigned to a specific team at Carolina Creek. They will be able to apply the leadership principles they are learning from the Intern program in their daily work at Carolina Creek. This department will be secondary to the primary responsibility of leading the program and guest groups experience.
The Recruiting Intern will work with the Human Resources and Recruiting Coordinators to execute a quality and effective recruiting season. This person will spend time on the road at college, church and ministry booths, fairs and events, and have a role to
proactively move candidates through the application process. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about resourcing others to find the way they can help people experience and know the love of Jesus in new and unique ways. .
A good recruiter must make an effort to learn about those they meet, even if it is simply a quick conversation. We are looking for a candidate who will go out of their way to learn about the individual and help usher them towards a role personalized to them as an individual.
If you are someone who loves camp ministry, and wants to share that love with other young adults, then this internship may be for you!
- Value the fundamentals of accuracy and clear communication
- Initiate and maintain conversations with high school and college age students
- Prepare recruitment materials, maintain inventory, and resource recruiters for every trip
- Act as a point of contact and build influential relationships with potential, current, and past summer staff
- Is rock solid on holding confidential information in its place
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Love people and have the desire to learn about their passions and gifts, and resource them appropriately
- Conduct interviews and filter candidates to open positions
- Strong decision-making skills
- Capable of focusing and accomplishing digital tasks without getting distracted
The cherry on top:
- Previous experience in camping ministry
- You are comfortable with administrative work and excel in interpersonal interactions
- Identify core strengths and barriers of a person and equip them on how to move forward in their process, with the organization or not
- A great memory, capable of holding facts, details, and faces of potential, current, and past summer staff
Begin Date & End Date
08/13/2023 - 08/18/2024
$1,110 per month