An Internship at Carolina Creek is for someone who is all about mission. Someone who is eager to serve God while discovering and developing their gifts and exploring paths toward vocation. While you’re all about that - we’re all about you. We’re looking for the person who doesn’t let others look down on you just because you’re young. The person who’s got talent, passion, and motivation to spare. The person who can’t wait to spend the best years of your life doing the best work of your life, learning and developing alongside some of the best leaders around. The person who is eager to serve their team, coworkers and strangers alike because serving blesses the giver, just as much- if not more than the receiver. A Carolina Creek Internship isn’t for just anyone—and that’s why we think it might be perfect for you.
The Carolina Creek Internship is designed to help young adults develop as leaders spiritually, personally, and professionally. Carolina Creek is currently seeking young adults who are excited about developing under some of the best leaders in camp ministry and working in a team environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
If you are a hard-working, driven, teachable young leader who is passionate about the mission and vision of Carolina Creek, keep reading.
Internship start date: August 13, 2023
Carolina Creek Internships are 12 months long
Internships are 40+ hours a week
Interns will develop spiritually, personally, and professionally through development calls, staff training events, and other ministry opportunities
Remember, this isn’t your average internship. So, we’ll really love it if:
Interns are not employees according to current IRS regulations, but are given an allowance of $1100/month for personal living expenses, in addition to housing and meals.
This internship is located at Carolina Creek Christian Camps in Riverside, TX.
Participants in the Intern Program serve on our ministry team, as needed, whenever guests are present. This includes most, but not all weekends throughout the year, as well as some midweek groups. Direct ministry assignments will vary depending upon the giftings and abilities of each individual, but all participants should expect to be deployed as needed to accomplish our mission. Assignments may include, but are not limited to:
Facilitate Carolina Creek adventure/recreation, aquatics, and target sports in a safe manner for all guests.
Lead a small group of campers in Bible Studies, activities, and other program elements for midweek and weekend programs.
Assist the Kitchen Staff in serving and cleaning of meals for all guest groups.
Assist the Guest Experience team in preparing facilities for guests, including cleaning dining halls, common areas, and cabins as well as room setup.
Assist the Grounds Team in maintaining & improving grounds.
Participate in meetings and complete assignments received by the Intern Coordinator & supervisor.
Each intern will be assigned to a specific team at Carolina Creek. They will be able to apply the leadership principles they are learning from the Intern program in their daily work at Carolina Creek. This department will be secondary to the primary responsibility of leading the program and guest groups experience.
The Production Intern is primarily responsible for working with our Production Specialist and the rest of the Create Services team to facilitate and produce excellent live events with audio, video, lighting, rigging and other theatrical effects. Projects range from simple audio support on a rec field to immersive theme-park style environments with networked lighting, video and audio control across multiple venues simultaneously.
At Carolina Creek, we strive to provide turn-key production services to help elevate and support the guest experience, removing the complex barrier and making a strong and rich experience possible for all of our guests.
- Setup and operate basic audio systems including speakers, mics, mixing consoles
- Support guest groups with their production needs with peripheral support, connecting to in-room displays, audio systems and lighting
- Load in and strike out equipment in spaces and places around camp
- Inventory and perform maintenance on equipment and supplies
- Rock-solid work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ready to step into the entire production experience from concept, planning, setup, execution, strike out, warehousing and maintenance
- Facilitate keynote and chapel services with audio for live bands, video support with ProPresenter, live video switching, Resolume and other tools
- Understanding how to troubleshoot issues when the pressure is on and how to work the problem
The cherry on top:
- You have experience in, or are very interested in learning, Allen & Heath Audio Systems, Obsidian lighting control, ProPresenter and Live video switching
- You understand the difference between mission critical and added bonus when it comes to production services
- You’re not only okay with, but expect occasional workplace shenanigans
Begin Date & End Date
08/13/2023 - 08/18/2024
$1,110 per month