The Service Manager is responsible for the oversight of physical operations and maintenance work at an assigned Birchstone community. This role is responsible for the deployment of regular and preventative maintenance programs, apartment and grounds inspections, service team staff training and evaluation, ensuring the timely completion of service requests by service technicians, technical assistance, and oversight of special projects including capital improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Implement and manage Birchstone’s overall regular and preventative maintenance programs, standards, and initiatives.
- Manage and oversee physical operations and maintenance work at assigned Birchstone community to ensure code compliance, gain efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Conduct frequent and regular inspections of the community exterior, offices, amenities, common areas, and individual apartments for adherence to company maintenance and safety standards; document and prioritize action plans based upon inspection findings.
- Ensure community is prepared for 3rd party inspections and attend such inspections.
- Receive, manage, schedule, and complete service requests and make readies; ensure timely completion of service requests assigned to Service Technicians and Porters;
- Ensure adherence to apartment turns within budget and 5 business day make ready time frame.
- Complete and submit maintenance reports timely and accurately.
- Promote safety and maintain an up to date Safety Data Sheet manual at all times.
- Prepare and maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies; work with Community Manager and Regional Maintenance Director to replenish as needed.
- Create required purchase orders and submit to Regional Maintenance Director and Community Manager for approval.
- Work in collaboration with Regional Maintenance Director and Community Manager to create supply and capital improvement budgets.
- Assist Regional Maintenance Director in maintaining site-based facility licenses with local, state, and national licensing authorities as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of corporate and area/region-specific initiatives.
- Assist in managing contract specs and bids, bid processes, etc.; directly supervise all in-house and vendor maintenance work and accompany outside vendors on service request calls for occupied apartments when necessary.
- Provide support and assistance in the execution of special projects and assignments including capital improvement projects.
- Hire, onboard, and train Service Technicians and Porter(s); coach, develop, and evaluate direct reports.
- Conduct regular meetings with Service Technicians and Porter(s) and act as a resource to community team members for maintenance related matters.
- Other duties as assigned.