Underwriting Senior Associate
Maryland Auto Insurance is a Property & Casualty Insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland. We’re located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, featuring a variety of restaurant and shopping options in walking distance from the office. This position is ideal for candidates who desire flexible work schedules as well as South Baltimore residents looking for a position close to home. This position allows for remote work with an in-office requirement of twice per month.
Nature of Work:
This is the intermediate level of processing work in the Underwriting Department. At this level, the employee processes insurance policies, services incoming phone calls; and/or provides training support to producers and others. This position performs a wide range of duties under general supervision and exercises independent judgment and decision-making of routine tasks.
In addition to the information contained in this position description, work standards are established by the department. The employee’s performance is measured using these work standards.
I. Major Responsibilities:
- Assist with processing new business, rewrites, endorsements, cancellations, and other queues
- Provide customer service via phone or in-person for producers, premium finance companies, and policyholders by answering questions relating to eligibility, rating and other general problem resolutions or inquiries
- Communicate, support, and maintain positive relationships with producers, premium finance companies, and other external or internal partners
- Provide liaison support between internal and external customers such as obtaining pertinent information from a producer or finance company and sharing this information with the appropriate department or management
- Identify procedural, processing, or systems issues and escalate to management to review or implement
- Complete special projects of a routine nature (e.g. projects requiring policy level data analysis, systems evaluations, producer issues)
- Manage customer transactions or interactions in person
- Represent Maryland Auto Insurance in court or at administrative hearings
- Participate in residency reviews/ meetings
- Assist and participate in the on-the-job training of other employees
- Participate in rate testing or other systems testing exercises
- Perform other necessary duties