Are you a team player, with a strong social orientation? We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment involving lots of relationships.
New Castle Building Products (NCBP) is a full-service distributor based in White Plains, NY. NCBP operates with seven core values: Caring, Urgency, Teamwork, Honesty, Accountability, Flexibility and Passion. All our 20+ locations from Massachusetts to Baltimore operate with these core values as their driving force. We look for team members who will display and share these values with fellow employees and customers.
Our location based in Hicksville is seeking an Operations Manager. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Take on the responsibility for efficiently leading a four-person supervisory operations team with twenty plus warehouse and driver staff.
- Complies with federal, state, local and DOT regulations as well as material handling, and shipping requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures.
- Maintain technical and computer skills and capability to effectively use distribution and office software.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement. Coordinate schedule of repairs and maintenance with Fleet and Safety Coordinator.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coordinate activities with branch manager, department heads and branch sales personnel.
- Attend company meetings as requested.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements For The Role:
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures
- Delivers superior customer service
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
- Class A CDL is a plus
What is in it for me?
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- Yearly reviews with opportunities to advance your career based on performance
If this sounds like you, please complete the application and also complete a brief survey once the application is submitted which will pop up on your screen.
Wage Range: $80 - $115k annually and additional benefits. In compliance with applicable law, this range is a good faith estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.