Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Building or Construction Management or related field preferred; or a combination of education, training and experience. At least 4 years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of construction and building codes
- Knowledge of construction practices and safety/OSHA procedures
- OSHA 10 or 30 certification a plus
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to travel frequently and hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT regulations and traveling across state lines
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to read blueprints and design drawings
- Experience or certification in operating auxiliary equipment (forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, man lifts etc.)
- Must be able to operate a wide variety of power and hand tools
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, requires various continuous standing, sitting, walking, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing and squatting. Lifting up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work can be done from an office environment but most of the work is done outside of the office out in the field on a construction site. Frequent travel is required- 75%. Will be working at heights up to 60 feet in the air on high structures. Will be exposed to the elements of all types of weather and inclement weather.