Position: Senior Fundraising and Revenue Manager
Location: Remote (Permanent)
Category: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Business Officer
Direct Reports: None
Pay Range: $120,000 – 130,000 annually
Benetech believes that equitable access to education is a human right. Our technology and services break down systemic barriers and empower all learners regardless of ability. Around the world, we partner with local communities to expand inclusive and equitable education opportunities. To date, we have delivered more than 20 million accessible ebooks and materials helping over 1.5 million students, jobseekers, and adults to read, learn, and pursue their dreams. People at Benetech believe strongly in the mission, and we work hard to embody our Truths each day.
Attracting Candidates From All Backgrounds
Our Benetech team reflects the diversity of the people we impact. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, including members of historically marginalized or oppressed communities because it makes our organization stronger.
Research shows that individuals only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. We know there are great candidates who might not check all of the boxes and possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, apply and tell us about yourself.
The Senior Fundraising and Revenue Manager role is a position for an experienced professional with proven nonprofit fundraising, revenue generation and strategic alliance skills who can work as part of the Business Management team at Benetech to lead, develop and manage fundraising and other revenue strategies and sources to support our education equity work.
This role includes active engagement and relationship building with government, foundations and other funding targets and partners to support Benetech’s revenue acquisition goals as well as researching, organizing and writing proposals. The position will also collect, manage and synthesize funding opportunity information; develop budgets; and support Benetech awareness and marketing activities as needed. Strong communication, organization and project management skills are essential to this position. The Senior Fundraising and Revenue Manager will also work with other members of the Business Management, Program, Technology and Senior Management teams to develop and manage new revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with leadership, program, product and marketing staff to identify revenue priorities and build pipeline.
- Develop lead generation strategies and plans for government and other institutional funders to identify prospects then develop engagement and proposal strategies.
- Develop revenue acquisition plans for new and existing products and services including earned revenue via subscription fees, private label and other opportunities.
- Maintain a broad technical understanding of products and services offered by Benetech’s programs and our competitors.
- Lead and manage the design, planning and execution of funder and partner engagement, proposals, business plans, LOIs and concept papers.
- Work with program staff to develop budgets for proposals and match resources to planned activities.
- Support content and communications that will provide increased visibility for Benetech and awareness with funders.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Demonstrated successful nonprofit fundraising, revenue generation and partnership management experience.
- Ability to develop compelling funder engagement strategies and proposals.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and writing skills and leadership ability.
- Excellent strategic-thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of an enthusiastic and passionate team on a variety of projects.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and general ease with software and technology.
- Comfort with budgeting, spreadsheets, and financial calculations
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of progressive experience and success in fundraising or related revenue generation or strategic alliance roles.
- Commitment to honoring Benetech’s social impact mission.
- Undergraduate concentration in business, marketing, or related field
- Previous work with edtech or education-specific organizations including software as a service (SaaS)
To be determined as appropriate/needed, potentially 15% of time.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The bullet points below are representative of the physical demands and working environment that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Standard / Remote office setting; proximity to office equipment that includes electronic devices.
- Must remain at a workstation for at least 50% of the time; will need to use equipment that includes electronic devices.
- Perceive and interact with text, media, and people.
- Communicate and accurately exchange information with text, media, and people.