The Radiology Scheduler is responsible for scheduling all radiology, spirometry, physical therapy, echocardiograms, and holter monitor procedures for Pagosa Springs Medical Center. Works closely with the Pre-Certification Specialist and Insurance Verification Clerk to ensure fiscal responsibility for the medical center. Cross-trains to cover Payment Posting and Registration.
- Follows established protocol for scheduling all radiology, spirometry, physical therapy, echocardiograms, and halter monitor procedures in a professional efficient manner. Provides a high level of customer service.
- Informs patients of appropriate preps, arrival time, and where to check-in.
- Answers questions from patients in scope of knowledge and/or directs the questions to the appropriate personnel if unable to answer.
- Advises provider and patient if procedure/service cannot be performed at PSMC.
- Advises provider and patient if the procedure/service cannot be performed due to insurance denial of the pre authorization request, and notating in multiple places with updated statues of approval, or patient changes/reschedules.
- If unable to reach the patient for scheduling after three (3) attempts, the patient is taken out of the scheduling queue and the provider notified.
- Maintains productivity level at established standards.
- Cross-trains to cover Payment Posting and Registration.
- Reschedules patients when technologists are out.
- Returns voice mails and/or emails back to each patient/provider to attend to the need for scheduling or other issues.
- Communicates with Radiology Staff with any questions pertaining to each procedure.
- Faxes prior mammogram record requests for comparison for patients new to our facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information, please see full job description as linked on our website www.pagosaspringsmedicalcenter.org. Pagosa Springs Medical Center is an EEO employer.