- Professional demeanor appropriate for a four-diamond environment
- Able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
- Food Safety certification.
- Able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Able to maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Able to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Approach all interactions with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the Hotel’s Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Follow Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensure equipment and kitchen cleanliness.
- Maintain refrigerators and kitchen in clean, organized manner with all food items labeled and dated to facilitate the necessary production to achieve company goals.
- Keep production of food at an adequate level, which does not result in excessive leftovers and waste.
- Has a basic knowledge and timely skills of various knife-cutting techniques, such as cutting, dicing, and slicing. Refined skill set in the knowledge and preparation of garnishes.
- Good knowledge of food safety with critical control temperatures, danger zones, cross contamination, sanitation, food borne illness, toxins, and chemical poisoning.
- Must supply their own basic tools of the trade i.e., Chef’s knife, paring knife, peeler.
- Perform any reasonable requests made by the manager or supervisor.
- High School diploma and/ or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred, or
- Culinary certification or degree preferred and/or a minimum of 2 years of culinary experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate in the English language (Second language is a plus).
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling, cleaning techniques and use of equipment/ machinery.
- Able to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends.
- Able to perform multiple tasks.
- Physical agility and ability to move quickly in confined spaces.
- Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.
- Ability to push / pull 100lbs.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Think clearly in high stress and intense situations.
- Ability to multitask and give direction under pressure.
- Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Work in areas of high heat and humidity.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Cook II Job description. This is a summary of the main responsibilities for this position. Business demands dictate work hours and schedules. Attendance and timeliness are a requirement of this position. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time, to meet our guests’ needs. I understand that I must also adhere to the property service standards, as well as grooming and uniform standards specific to this position, always maintaining a neat and clean appearance. I will also adhere to any OSHA (safety) practices and wear any assigned PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed.