Are you a team player, with a strong social orientation? We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment involving lots of relationships.
We are New Castle Building Products, and we have raised the bar within the commercial building materials industry from Baltimore to Massachusetts across our 20+ locations. We thrive on the idea that customer service and speed are the keys to our success.
We are looking for a highly talented Office Administrator for our Hicksville, NY location. In this role you will provide support to the branch in the areas of invoicing / billing, receiving, and general office administrative support.
- Sort and match sales paperwork
- Confirm and adjust invoices in preparation for billing in coordination with branch manager and sales team
- Review work for accuracy
- Prepare credit memos assuring proper paperwork
- File sales paperwork in accordance with Company procedures
- Provide copies of invoices or statements to customers on an as needed basis
- File purchase orders
- Match packing list to purchase orders when received
- Receive inventory into accounting system
- Work with managers and A/P clerk on inventory corrections
- Prepare cash drawer reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash deposit
- Prepare daily AR deposit and send backup to AR department
- Prepare bank deposits daily
Branch Manager Assistance
- Answer a high volume of phone calls and direct to appropriate parties
- Assist inside sales reps with sales responsibilities
- Receive products via UPS, FED-EX and other deliveries
- Mail sorting
- Monitor warehouse management system orders and processes
- Troubleshoot errors between Warehouse Management System and ERP systems
- Assist branch manager and credit manager with various special assignments
- Organize ordering of lunch for sales team and for special events / meetings
Requirements for the role:
- 2-3 years’ experience in receiving or billing function preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter that is capable of multi-tasking
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in fast paced environment
You will receive:
- A competitive compensation package in line with your experience
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- Yearly reviews with opportunities to advance your career based on performance
If this sounds like you, please complete the application and also complete a brief survey once the application is submitted which will pop up on your screen.
Wage Range: $20 - $25/hour plus additional benefits. In compliance with applicable law, this range is a good faith estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.