- Passion for emergency management, community service, food distribution, or related activities.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work in adverse conditions.
- Interest in leading and working with youth or young adults.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- California Class C driver's license and clean driving record (insurable by SJCC).
- Willingness to deploy on emergency response work as requested.
- Satisfactory completion of SJCC background check and drug screen process.
- College degree in a related field.
- Background with experiential and/ or environmental education.
- Facilitation and team-building experience with diverse groups of people.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
NOTICE: The statements herein are intended to give a broad description of this job function and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, subsidized annual EcoPass.
Apply by completing the General Application section and be prepared to submit your resume as part of the application process.
San Jose Conservation Corps & Charter School
Direct line: (669)220-0078
The position is open until filled.
SJCC Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. The Corps and School do not discriminate based on an individual's race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, hairstyle, hair texture or any other basis prohibited by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School is an “At-Will” employer. We conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
About the San Jose Conservation Corps:
Founded in 1987, the SJCC+CS has provided more than 17,000 opportunity young men and women with academic education, hands-on learning, and development of basic skills. These skills include leadership, communication, computer literacy, and employment training, which will help them to advance and excel in their future and careers. The SJCC+CS offers secondary education courses through its on-site charter school and career technical education and job training through its Environmental Projects and Recycling Departments. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. For more information, please visit: www.sjcccs.org