- Passion for emergency management, community service, food distribution, or related activities.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work in adverse conditions.
- Interest in leading and working with youth or young adults.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- California Class C driver's license and clean driving record (insurable by SJCC).
- Willingness to deploy on emergency response work as requested.
- Satisfactory completion of SJCC background check and drug screen process.
- College degree in a related field.
- Background with experiential and/ or environmental education.
- Facilitation and team-building experience with diverse groups of people.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
The position is open until filled.
SJCC Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. The Corps and School do not discriminate based on an individual's race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, hairstyle, hair texture or any other basis prohibited by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School is an “At-Will” employer. We conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
About the San Jose Conservation Corps:
SJCC offers paid job training for young adults between the ages of 18 and 27. Corpsmembers serve our local community by caring for our natural resources, increasing recycling, and responding to local emergencies. For more information about the Corps, visit www.sjcccs.org.