Our Jamestown Family Health Clinic provides primary medical services to Tribal citizens and Non-tribal community members seeking quality healthcare. We are organized to offer a team-based approach; providing comprehensive, high-quality health care for our patients and our patients families.
We are seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant with excellent organizational, critical thinking, and patient care experience. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to patient emergencies.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our guests like family as well.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will:
- Provide all services as described in the American Association of Medical Assistants Occupational Analysis (AAMA) and skill sets
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures
- Room patients, obtain and document vitals, patient history if necessary, and chief complaint as directed by provider and clinic protocol
- Maintain medical records to include scanning, recording, and updating information
- Process orders, prescription requests, Pre-certification or authorization of medications or procedures
- Record patient charges as needed for electronic billing
- Assist the provider with patient information pertaining to follow up care
- Provide results of lab and radiology reports as directed by the provider
- Schedule diagnostic tests and referrals as needed
- Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, perform procedures such as EKG, ear lavage, WAIVED lab tests, venipuncture, wound dressings
- Give IM, Sub-Q, and nasal medications and immunizations as ordered
- Inform, advise and make suggestions to supervisor about ideas to improve policies and procedures of behavioral health and related social and health service programs
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relations with outside Federal, State and private agencies and funding sources
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols
- Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications and immunizations
- Adhere to all JST and JFHC policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, and work practices as described in the JFHC Occupational Exposure Control Plan and HIPAA
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of 1-2 years (4-6 quarters) of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required, CAAHEP or ABHES accredited medical assisting program or LPN program preferred.
- Basic First Aid/CPR from the American Heart Association
- Maintain current Washington State Health Care Assistant certification at levels A, C and E
- Knowledge of medication administration procedures and processes
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding procedures and billing processes
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Basic computer knowledge
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Experience and knowledge of EPIC
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply