We are looking for a full time School Counselor to join the team! At Pima Partnership Academy we strive to be the educational destination of choice for underserved middle school students. Our mission is to create conditions for change through education by building positive relationships, providing individualized support systems to ensure that the academic, social and emotional needs of our students are met.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in education or counseling.
- Must hold a valid and current AZ Counselor certificate.
- Proven experience as a guidance counselor, ability to operate within a wide range of student personalities and backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Superintendent
- Promote student’s social-emotional and academic growth through individual and group activities
- Identify, organize, and lead positive school climate activities
- Implement and coordinate the schools’ Multi-tiered System of Support
- Develop and conduct one-on-one, small, and large group social-emotional awareness activities
- Develop educational goals for students with high risk behaviors with a focus on truancy, dropout prevention, academic deficiencies, and home life issues
- Collaborate and cooperate with staff to develop and implement learning or counseling plans for all students (e.g., accommodations, modifications, enhancements, regular/special education teachers' working relationships)
- Work with each school’s SPED teacher(s) to identify and support students with special needs and behavioral, social and school adjustment problems
- Create and supervise a peer support program and a peer mediation program
- Fully participate as a member of the school safety and prevention team.
- Refer students to community-based services and resources, psychologists and other mental health resources.
- Work with each school’s principal Provides to provide student crisis response as needed.
- Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff as needed regarding children’s needs.
- Consult with teachers, parents and staff before, during and after 1:1 interventions to provide and receive appropriate feedback in helping students in need while keeping the confidentiality in mind of all parties involved.
- Provide support to other school educational programs as needed to ensure the overall success of each child in need.
- Works to ensure high school students are on-track to graduate monitor and communicate with students and parent/guardian
- Administer and oversee data collection of school climate and wellness surveys
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with the school registrar to ensure grades are accurately recorded for each student
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Knowledge of students in a learning environment
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Once trained, possess the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining a standard of excellence at all times
- Excellent overall computer skills including Microsoft Office, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to use the following equipment: personal computer, including spreadsheet, word processing; telephone; switchboard; calculator; typewriter; and copy machine.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license and become insurable
- Must be able to obtain certification in Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must be able to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card.
Excellent Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Arizona State Retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Earned Paid Sick Time
PPP requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID (including booster) as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement) and possess a valid AZ driver’s license with a “clean” or “acceptable” driving record.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Thank you for considering Pima Prevention Partnership – Partnership Schools as an employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Pima Prevention Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other term, condition, or privilege of employment with regards to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, or any status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants and employees be given equal opportunity and that hiring and other employment-related decisions are based on job-related factors.