Job Description: Part-Time School Lunch Monitor
This is a 3 hour a day position, 5 days a week.
Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K-12. Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools are part of the Guadalupe Educational System, Inc. (GES) under Guadalupe Centers, Inc. It is sponsored by the University of Central Missouri. The vision of GES is to empower students to succeed in college and their chosen professions by providing a rigorous and enriching learning experience that develops highly educated, socially conscious, culturally competent, contributing members of society.
Job Summary: The Lunch monitor is responsible for monitoring cafeteria activities as well as supervising students.
Reports To: Building Principal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors all cafeteria activities for both breakfast and lunch periods.
- Monitors all meals for students and adults.
- Ensures all students in line are taking meals.
- Maintains and utilizes knowledge of meal patterns and monitors reusable meals.
- Applies knowledge of what constitutes a partial and full meal.
- Ensures lunch room is clean at all times.
- Monitors and ensures servers are wearing gloves.
- Monitors cafeteria functions including ensuring milk is chilled at all times.
- Supervises behavior of children and keeps order of children in lunch line.
- Hangs up food menu at entry way of the lunch room after the menu has been created and posted.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work around children
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to practice sound judgement
- Ability to work only during school calendar year
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- High School Diploma required and or GED preferred
- Prior office and cafeteria experience preferred
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is directly responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
Application Process: PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.GUADALUPECENTERS.ORG UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. IF A POSITION REQUIRES A DEGREE, PLEASE ATTACH COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS/AND OR/ DEGREE CERTIFICATE TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
Guadalupe Centers, Inc. conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.