Evangelism Explosion International (EEI) is actively seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist in our Arden, NC headquarters.
Note: due to the current social distancing requirements in Buncombe County, North Carolina, interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Onboarding and training will be planned according to federal, state, and local restrictions, as well as industry best practices at that time.
EEI is an international ministry that partners with churches across the world to train people how to share their faith in Christ and how to bring people from unbelief to belief. We have a vision of "every nation equipping every people group and every age group to witness to every person" the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All employees must join in this vision, our mission, and agree to our Statement of Faith.
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates the human resources (HR) activities including but not limited to employment, benefits administration, and employee relations.
- Assists with the administration of company-wide HR policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with corporate objectives and federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Maintains an HR information system and employment records
- Assists and supports the Payroll team through communication with employees; insures procedures and policies are being followed and required documentation is on file
- Coordinates the hiring process, including but not limited to conducting reference checks, negotiating salary offers, issuing job offers, managing job postings, and other communication
- Coordinates efforts to attract qualified candidates through the design and placement of job postings and advertisements
- Recruits and interviews candidates; provides management with hiring recommendations
- Coordinates and conducts employee-relations activities and programs such as employee counseling, interpretation of policies, and orientations
- Conducts exit interviews and communicates the findings to management
- Responds to inquiries regarding EEI’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management
- Conducts investigations into claims of harassment or other EEI policy violations
- Assists in the administration of company compensation and benefits programs
- Initiates training programs, personal and career development, performance appraisal process, and compensation systems
- Assists with the negotiation of contracts with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants
- Pursues continuing education on employment law and maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting HR functions
- Promotes communication within EEI by sending announcements and information to the staff including office closures, staffing changes, contact information, and policy updates
- Assists in the planning and execution of headquarters’ events
- Coordinates administration of workers’ compensation and unemployment claims
- Assists with OSHA compliance
- Performs office cleaning tasks according to the cleaning schedule
- Other duties as assigned