Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Be at least eighteen years of age by June 1st of corresponding year
- The ability to lift and carry items over 40 pounds
- The ability to work in outdoor conditions and environments for extended periods of time
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality, maintain appropriate records and carry out job responsibilities in a timely manner
- Committed to the needs and interests of the camp
- Must be organized and attentive to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to function as part of a team in a mature and responsible manner
- Ability to be punctual daily
- Be certified in First Aid and CPR, with Life Guarding preferred, prior to the start of Camp (we provide certifications)
- Display the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility both in and out of camp