Eastside Preparatory School is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative Registrar to help us fulfill our mission. Pay is competitive with public and independent schools. Eastside Prep offers an excellent benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and an extraordinary work environment.
Who We Are:
Eastside Prep is an independent school located in Kirkland, WA – just five miles from Seattle. With 486 students in grades five through twelve, EPS seeks critical thinkers, responsible actors, compassionate leaders, and wise innovators to help us realize our vision and mission. We offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities in a collaborative and supportive environment. We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. Our community of committed, creative and passionate people is ideal for those who value integrity and purposeful change. If you’re looking for a community that values your individuality and expertise, Eastside Prep may be the right place for you.
Under minimal supervision, maintains student records, administers graduation policies and maintains student attendance records.
Specific Responsibilities (Registrar):
- Organize and maintain permanent student records
- Evaluate transcripts from previous schools to assist with student placement
- Track student graduation requirements
- Assure student records are accurate and up to date
- Oversee the maintenance and distribution of student records
- In coordination with the schools technology department, manage student, family, and faculty access to grades
- In coordination with the Upper School Head and Advisors, communicate with students and parents regarding graduation requirements and the students' progress towards meeting those requirements
- Works collaboratively with Enrollment Office to assure students new to the school receive scheduling information and are properly assigned to classes
- Serves as a member of the team that creates the school master schedule and individual student schedules, including gathering and processing information about course offerings, enrollment, staffing, and facilities and assigning teachers and students to classes; Checks and finalizes students' schedules after the team's work is complete
- Develop reports to communicate broad trends to school leadership
- Performs other duties as assigned
Specific Responsibilities (Attendance Management):
- Utilizing the schools student information system, monitor attendance at beginning of the day and during each class transition
- Communicate with students, parents, teachers and school leadership as needed
- Enforce the Upper School check-in/check-out and off-campus policies in partnership with the Upper School office
- In coordination with the Facilities department, enforce the parking policy for Upper School students