$20,000 Sign on Bonus for full time. *some conditions apply
- Paid time off accrual and generous leave policy
- 403b Retirement benefits with up to 6% company match
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado; Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health-related field preferred. Two (2) years previous experience in a psychiatric hospital or other psychiatric setting preferred. A background in an inpatient, emergency room, or family practice setting desirable.
Promote and foster health, assess dysfunction, aid patient’s recovery, improve or learn coping skills and abilities, maximize strengths, and prevent further disability. Focus is on assessment and monitoring of safety, self-care activities, and psychobiological courses of therapy. Job duties are based on the Scope and Standard of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Standards of Practice.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability (include materials and equipment directly used):
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with individuals to perform essential nursing duties and resolve crisis situations as necessary.
- Ability to assess individual’s potential for dangerousness to self, to others and/or grave disability.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate successfully with hospital staff and external customers.
- Ability to appropriately and immediately document interactions with patients and potential patients.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient information per HIPAA regulations, federal and state law, and facility policies and procedures.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required (training for certification is available).
- CPI Training/Certification required. Must have ability to perform duties required by CPI training to provide verbal de-escalation and physical and mechanical restraints if necessary (Training for certification will be provided).
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a sometimes hectic environment with frequent interruptions.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Must have ability to sit for longer periods of time at a computer. May be exposed to stressful situations that involve enraged, distraught and/or intoxicated individuals with possible mental disorders. Possible potential for exposure to communicable disease. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.