Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years (2) years of relevant customer service experience
Technical / Functional Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual a plus
- Organizational Skills: Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively. Demonstrates great attention to detail and follow through.
- Customer Service: addresses customer needs in a prompt, positive and timely manner. Manages difficult internal customer situations; solicits customer feedback for process improvement.
- Oral Communication: knowledge of business acumen. Ability to listen and obtain clarification, receives and provides feedback well.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others views and ideas; contributes to building a positive team environment. Ability to work with cross functional partners.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, critical thinking and initiative.
- Adaptability: prioritizes and manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Physical Demands / Environment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, talk, see and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk for up to five hours at a time. The employee may need to climb and crawl, sometimes in dark or confined spaces (Museum installations). The employee must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move up to 50 pounds. Work will be conducted both indoors and outdoors with changes in weather to include high heat or cold temperatures with constant ambient noise levels.
This document is intended to describe the general content and to identify essential functions and requirements for performing this job, and is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The New Childrens Museum (NCM) complies with the ADAAA and considers reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential job functions. Employment with NCM is at-will, meaning that either NCM or an employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause, notice, reason or justification.