POSITION: Scenery Operations Coordinator
FT or PT: FT
PAY RANGE: $23-$25/Hour
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Scenery Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to the Scene Shop through clerical activities. Also, the Scenery Operations Coordinator assists the Technical Director, Associate Technical Directors, and draftsperson by conducting the research, purchasing, and tracking of all scenery materials involved in the production process.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinates the purchasing and tracking of materials, including retrieving materials when necessary.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all materials and supplies.
- Tracks material pricing for estimating and budgeting.
- Conducts research and compiles data on new materials and products.
- Maintains purchase database for account tracking.
- Tracks Scene Shop expenses.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Maintains Scene Shop schedule and events calendars.
- Composes, types, and distributes notes, routine correspondence, or reports.
- Hires and contracts all over hire labor involved in the build, install, and strike process.
- Manages invoice tracking and payments for outside work.
- Oversees and coordinates all shop and rented vehicles, including the maintenance scheduling, record keeping, and scheduling of these vehicles.
- Maintains Safety Data Sheets and safety website.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Huntington Theatre Company expects the following of each employee: adheres to HTC policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in HTC events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.